Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slalom ski search continues

pjnykpjnyk Posts: 54 Baller
edited July 2019 in Skis Fins Bindings
Narrowed it down to options. 2018 radar senate 67 or 2018 HO Carbon Omni 67. I know several people recommended the 2019 build of the senate but are there any major differences with the 2018 senate? Getting a screaming deal on either, senate for 400$ no tax or shipping, omni for 450 + tax & freight. Going to get the 2018 strada xl boots regardless of ski selection. Thanks guys
Tagged:

Comments

• GlydonGlydon Posts: 230 Baller
    Cannot see you going wrong with either ... it is my understanding the Senate is now full carbon so your getting the same material in either . The 2018 Senate is a great looking ski IMO (not that looks get buoy count) Good luck ! Let us know how you chose.
    pjnyk
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,465 Mega Baller
    400$ shipped is a damn good price for a Senate!
    pjnyk
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,103 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Just what I have learned from other people, one of whome I respect because everything he does is measured, he does not comment without thought.
    His opinion was that the 2018 Senate was a little easier to ski on than the 2019, he says that on the 2019 you have to be up on top of the ski to get the best out of it and get it working well, he felt that the 2018 tolerated less than perfect stance better, however he felt that the 2019 was faster and has adapted well.
    As for the Omni I am considering one for myself, I have heard nothing negative only praise for this ski.
    You might want to take into consideration what bindings you intend to use, you need to know that the bindings will position stock unless you want to start messing about.

If Only I Was Perfect

• pjnykpjnyk Posts: 54 Baller
    @Stevie Boy will be running on the 2018 radar strada bindings. Definitely don’t think I can go wrong with either, I’m thinking of just going with the cheapest option.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,103 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The difference is so little go with what you think is the best and what you think will sell easier if you do not like it.

If Only I Was Perfect

pjnyk
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,633 Mega Baller
    edited July 2019
    @pjnyk 2018 Strada boots? Radar changed the name of the Strada boot to Vapor about 5 years ago. Is someone selling you boots and calling them "2018" Strada boots?
  • pjnykpjnyk Posts: 54 Baller
    @Zman that’s my bad. The person I’ve been in touch with never mentioned they were 2018’s. The Ho carbon omni is a 2018 as well as the radar
  • JoelhJoelh Posts: 22 Baller
    Might be worth looking at a Connelly carbon v
    pjnyk
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 806 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If you're planning on using radar bindings, that would be the final weight in one direction that would make me just use a radar ski instead of going with HO where you will need adapter plates etc.
    pjnyk