Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2020 VAPOR

Comments

• bojansbojans Posts: 283 Solid Baller
    My 11 year old just finished his first set, loved it. Said the turns are very easy and fast. He looks great on the ski and matched his practice average on the first set.
    dvskier
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 503
    @mbabiash - do you ski 36 or 34?
    JC McCavit
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 566 Crazy Baller
    34 get into 32 off
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    edited August 2019
    Well, I read this thread last week where some liked (and stayed on) the 2016 ski vs. the 17,18 or 19. Also, I pulled 5 practice sessions last week at Nationals and spoke with 4 guys still on the 2016 who all said pretty much the same thing. I currently have a 19 that I bought mid last year and skied the last two tournaments of the year and all of them this year on. I will try a 2020 version soon, but since I still have my 2016, I decided to put my boots on it today and give it a go (hadn't been on it since my Achilles injury last year. I skied better immediately. The ski turns better on both sides (for me) and is totally stable in the glide for the gates while the 2019 version will hunt unless I bend both knees. I can stand anyway I want on the 2016 with no hunting. When I demoed the 2019 last year, I was still coming back from my injury, so was not skiing beyond 32 off. My best tournament score has been [email protected] and I have run only one 35 in practice (while when I was injured, I was running 35 about 40% of the time and ran a handful of [email protected] tournament scores). Today I skied 3 28s and a 32 only since I had not skied in a week, skied six 28s the first set (on the 19) and was running out of steam. I will take some shots at 35 and see how it goes. Even if I decide the 2016 is better than the 2019, I'm still going to give the 2020 a shot as a few have said it skis more like the 2016.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    bradjbv
  • dnewtondnewton Posts: 98 Baller
    I am amazed with the amount of people favoring their 16 over there 18/19’s. I just jumped from a 16 to an 18 and legitimately gained a pass and a half the first night out on it. My 16 is only a lithium, so potentially that has something to do with it, but I absolutely love the 18 and feel like an idiot for buying it 2 weeks before the 2020 was released.
    Zman
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    My 16 got me into 35 and the 18 (+Denali fin) was a refinement. The 18 turned more smoothly for me and got me into 38 for the first time in my life.
    dnewtonZmanBdecker
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    edited August 2019
    @dnewton / @BlueSki - I hope my post didn't imply the 17,18 or 19 skies were bad skies, only that "I" ski better on the 16. Different skiers gel with different skies. I tried various D3 skis and struggle to run 28 while friends are running 38 on them. Ed Hickey set the Men 7 record ([email protected]) on an 18 Pro-Build last year, so the ski obviously works for him. He changed to a 19 and suggested I skip the 18 and buy the 19 when I was looking to move from my 16. Not surprised at all that you guys and others love a different year/ski than I do.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    bigtex2011BlueSki
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    @roger, not at all. My wife went from a 16 to a 19 and her PB went up and she looked smoother (after some fin setting help from Rossi) but she still does not feel as stable when running straight down the lake or dropping. Before the fin setting help, the ski was no bueno for her. Lots of variety in what works for each skier.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 864 Crazy Baller
    If my 20 works out I'll have a 67" 16 for sale that is like brand new.
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 458 Baller
    Anyone tried the wisperfin on the 2020 Vapor Pro Build yet?
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 312 Crazy Baller
    My 2020 will be onsite later today- just tied my all-time practice PB on my 2018 w/cg fin 2 sets ago. So do I set it up with the CG fin out of the box?
    jercraneAli
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,725 Mega Baller
    @Bdecker Congratulations!!

And you probably should. But personally I'd be more interested in hearing about it both with stock fin and CG fin. And you better do the stock fin first or you might never :).
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Bdecker
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,217
    Having set up several skis now with the CG, including 2 Vapors. I have found the stock fin to be more sensitive. Therefore, if you get the ski to be the best it can be with the stock fin, then set the CG to those exact dimensions, it will really perform and you have the best starting point for the CG.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    Than_BoganZmanJordanGaryWilkinson
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,402 Administrator
    @Bdecker I suggest you spend some time on the stock fin and settings first. Get to know the ski and set a baseline before you play with aftermarket fins.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

BdeckerJordan
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 459 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @ellenm Sounds Awesome, stoked to hear it! If you need help setting it up or have any questions don't be afraid to reach out.
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    @scuppers Yes I have 2 sets on the 2020 but never skied on it stock fin.

Jay said use the same settings as my 17 vapor with a small binding adjustment and I did and holy f()<{.

Man did that ski go well. Stayed down and accelerated nicely.

Love it.

Go with confidence.
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
    ballsohardaupatkingschafer
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 458 Baller
    Thanks Gary! I’ll try it too
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
    GaryWilkinson
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 217 Baller
    @GaryWilkinson forward or back with the binding ?
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 312 Crazy Baller
    Stock fin, first set- loved it. CG 2nd, I think I went a little too deep (just dropped the fin block from my 2018 in...). Offside was “off”... Removed a bunch of depth- back on it tomorrow.
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    @paul413ski Jay's setting on the 2020 and original lithium 30 1/8” binding location. That puts me hole #4 of 5 forward.

Working very well so far and I haven’t even tried it on really calm water yet.
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
    @GaryWilkinson thanks for the info
    GaryWilkinson
  • coach3coach3 Posts: 116 Baller
    How are settings for the 2020 evolving? I am skiing stock long and shallow as is my habit, with the bindings 1/6 forward. 3rd set getting used to it and coming off a 2019 (which turned great I might add). Inputs?
    @GaryWilkinson what size ski and numbers please
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 946 Crazy Baller
    67 Fb 2913/16 Reflex blk boot 2.504 6.840 75 10 Wing -28–35

Fast smooth lots of space it’s like cheating
    ballsohard
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 362 Baller
    Anyone running the 2020 with the Whisper Fin? I’m hearing good stuff from other sources
    WaterSkier12
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 459 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @coach3 I would start at stock long and shallow with stock binding placement and then make moves from there.
    brettmainer