Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rear HRT questions

tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 199 Baller
I've been a long time radar rs-1 double boot user that recently switched to reflex front with an old wiley high wrap rear. With the rs-1's I was able to rotate my rear boot quite a bit as it rotates on the sequence plate. I am unable to rotate the wiley as much due to the limits of the plate. In fact, I had to grind some of the plate to rotate as it overhung the side of the ski. My question is: Does the HRT rotate similar to the RS-1's on the plate, and not require the plate to rotate? And, how much can it be rotated? thanks

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,801 Mega Baller
    HRT has screws up from the bottom into the boot so you can rotate it on the plate.
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 199 Baller
    thanks. I'm guessing it can move as much as the old rs-1s.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,270 Mega Baller
    Only can move the HRT if on regular plate. Feather frame is built on boot that will not move on the plate.
    Shut up and ski
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 199 Baller
    @BraceMaker @MS thanks. I would only try HRT on regular plate to enable rotating. any thoughts or preference to boa vs lace? Been thinking that lace with bungy laces may provide the most secure fit. been on wiley rear over 30 years, then rs-1 until recently.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,270 Mega Baller
    I like the lace up better due to the plate. I only tried the boa with the feather frame. It is the yellow stitched, black BOA. I can get closer to my front boot with the lace up regular plate.
    Shut up and ski
  • APBAPB Posts: 265 Baller
    its the same as the reg rear aluminum plate
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 254 Baller
    The HRT with lace is super nice, mine is twisted a lot.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,801 Mega Baller
    Mine is lace regular size and I leave it fully slacked.