Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HO Alpha

ktm300ktm300 Posts: 406 Baller
Anybody ride one this season? pros/cons/ quirks? does it turn both sides okay? Does it ride similar to another ski that you have ridden? Is the performance window caliper critical or does it still work okay moving things around some? Thanks

Comments

• savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 343 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @ktm300 If you haven't already, you should consider trying one in our demo program.
    There is no better way to know whether a particular ski will suit your style.
    To answer your question, turns are very symmetrical from side to side and we have established two sets of fin numbers which both work very well if you are within a few 1/1000's. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
  • brettmainerbrettmainer Posts: 257 Crazy Baller
    I skied the Alpha for several weeks this summer. I really liked it. Smooth, low effort, nice turns. I ultimately went to a Goode XTR because I can get a few more buoys on the Goode (with a lot more effort, and it doesn't look pretty), but I can honestly say I had more fun skiing on the HO. I didn't find a real con or quirk with the ski and I recommend it. I tried both short deep and long shallow. I preferred long shallow.
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 343 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @brettmainer Have you tried the Syndicate Pro? That's our higher volume concave design. If you're scrapping for a few extra bouys, Pro might help you do that, but it will feel like more work at your easier passes.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
  • marknmarkn Posts: 216 Solid Baller
    Demo'd one in May. Had the ski set up by one of the HO team members.The way it was set up, best off side turn in the world. (could not make my opening 28 off, but from 32 down to 38 it was amazing) Did not have time to get it dialed in before the Traverse Grand Prix, but the ski is fast, solid and again, off-side turn was awesome.
    savaiusini
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,033 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    A buddy of mine left me his 68” Alpha. I was really surprised at how comfortable I was on it from the 1st pass. Very solid! It turns hard and is very symmetrical. Probably the best offside that I’ve experienced on any ski.
    savaiusini
  • Ski2000Ski2000 Posts: 10 Baller
    My buddy let me demo his after he got sidelined. It is amazing how effortless it is compared to my Nano1XT.
    I hope he gets s back soon, but I’m enjoying riding the ski in his absence.
    savaiusini
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,571 Mega Baller
    I skied on one for a week or so this spring. I liked it. I think I would have liked it a lot more had I not been trying to change bindings at the same time. Very steady, smooth ski.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    savaiusini