Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tournament classifications for this dummy

Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,073 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
I don’t participate in tournaments because I’m a bad skier and I know the guy beside me can out ski me. I’ve watched many tournaments in person But with Nationals going on I gotta admit, I have no clue what each category skier and different sanctioned events mean. Is there an idiot cheat sheet that breaks down M4 vs M7 skier and what a class XYZ tournament is? I hadn’t found it on AWSA.
Horton

Comments

• TELTEL Posts: 306 Crazy Baller

T
    h
    This May help
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,073 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    So if M1-11 speeds are 30-36 what’s the zero based scoring of 15-28?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    @Orlando76 "Class" is just the level of sanction: F= fun, less judges and wider tolences
    C= majority of tournaments
    L= on the World Ranking List
    E= I'm not really sure anymore
    R= able to set World Records. Highest level judges, drivers, tech control, etc
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • GregHindGregHind Posts: 332 Solid Baller
    That helps me heaps thanks. But what is the actual speed for boys 2 and 3. Why are two listed and which do they compete at?
    The bold type on the divisions table is the New Rules that go into effect right after Nationals (B4 and G4 were added)
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 621 Crazy Baller
    This is great information 👍
  • HallpassHallpass Posts: 150 Solid Baller
    @greghind, I believe it is because after this nationals is complete, they will move from 3 Boys and girls categories to 4. The chart is telling you this year, and next year. Next year being in bold.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,801 Mega Baller
    Starts after Nationals right?

The bold type on the divisions table is the New Rules that go into effect right after Nationals (B4 and G4 were added)
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,289 Mega Baller
    @Drago Are all L tournaments R? Or is that part of the whole “Euro” tournament bias? I know if it’s R, there’s end course cameras and all sorts of verification capability. It would make sense that an “Elite List” tournament should have those same controls or you get the opportunity for some softball pitching in the major league.
    Also, @Orlando76 if you ski a tournament you REALLY MUST choose an opening pass you WILL RUN. Here’s why: you run -22 @ 32 mph every single time, no matter how bad you ski. That score there gets you a tournament base score of 72. If you ALMOST always run -22 @ 34 mph so you choose to make that your opener and you don’t make it, say getting only 4 buoys, you didn’t complete a single pass so you get no complete pass score. You get scored 4. As if you had made 4 buoys @ longline @ 15.5 mph.
    Remember, you must run your opener to get all the buoys below it (72 vs 4).
    @aupatking usually Ls are Rs, but they don't have to be.
    In the old days, some (many) pro tours were stuffed in business park and city park lakes and only C tournaments.
    I can't defend nor endorse euro tournaments bias
    aupatking
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,571 Mega Baller
    edited August 11
    “L” you can set a national record (any nation) and your score goes on the World list. You need a Pan Am judge and mostly senior judges. In an “R” you can set a World Record, you need all seniors and a Pan Am. You need to have a camera in the boat. In an “E” you can set a national record, you need mostly seniors but no Pan Am. “E” is what your “L” becomes if your Pan Am doesn’t show up. CELR scores all go on the US ranking list. “F” scores do not, at least not above level 5.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    DragoaupatkingAndre
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,303 Mega Baller
    @lpskier Class F scores go on the ranking list up to level 5
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    DragoMISkier
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,571 Mega Baller
    edited August 11
    @klindy Ah! You (I) learn something new every day. I corrected the above account. Thanks for the clarification.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly