Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deep V handle Class C

LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
my boy is 8 , so i assume boys 1 . can he use a deep V handle in a class c tournament. he is not quite ready to compete but he is excited to try it. cant discourage that.

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    Absolutely. We see kids with easy up handles in class C tournaments. Try to find an event that has grass roots in addition to class c and get him involved.
    Mark Shaffer
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,345 Crazy Baller
    I'm aware of a situation where the dock starter disallowed the handle. The little girl got up but failed to get up for the second pass. When the CJ got word of the situation he granted a reride.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 793 Mega Baller
    As long as the length of the handle is within specs it is good to go. Make sure you check before they ski though, my kids' deep V handle was pretty long until I shortened it.
    lpskier
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,589 Mega Baller
    From the rule book (note the part about no tolerance specification on the triangle portion):

For skier-supplied handles in the Slalom and Jumping events, the length may be 150 cm + 2.5 cm/-10cm (4’11” +1”/-4”) from inside of handle to inside of loop at a load of 20 kg (44lb). No tolerance on the triangular portion of the bridle. It is the skier’s responsibility to ensure that the bridle (rope) does not exceed 152.5cm (5-0”) from inside of handle to inside of loop after skiing at a load of 20 kg (44 lbs).
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    I have seen very few Class C events where they check handles. It would still make sense to get it to be the right length.

Shame on the dock starter that disallowed the handle. A kid using an easy up isn't going to be setting any records they are just starting their skiing journey and they are nervous enough without taking away their handle.
    Mark Shaffer
    ski6joneskeithh2oskierJordan
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,880 Mega Baller
    Well said @Chef23
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    thanks for the replies!