Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone going to be at the Alan Rossi Tournament?

Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 624 Crazy Baller
This will be my first Tournament...I also roped my wife and son into doing it :)
vtjcklindyThan_BoganthagerSpencer_Shultzmarkchilcutt9400Pat MJayprojcampEd_Johnsondvskier

Comments

• Chris RossiChris Rossi Posts: 307 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Congrats on your first tournament! While I will not be there personally, I know you will be in good hands. Alan Rossi would have been the first to greet you to the waterski community with a smile and hand shake. That tradition continues to this day. Have fun and don’t hesitate to ask anyone for answers to any questions you have. They will be happy to help.
    BdeckerKeith MenardPat MjcampWaterSkier12
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 332 Crazy Baller
    I am going! My ski crew from Waterbury and I are going!
    @Chris Rossi maybe we could do a Radar demo next year at the tournament?
  • swaterkdswaterkd Posts: 76 Baller
    I'm not going this year, but its a great tournament! You will have a great time.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,138 Mega Baller
    @jaypro do you know if there is anywhere nearby to get a practice ride on Friday?
    @ALPJr there is a course on the Waterbury reservoir,
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,398 Mega Baller
    edited August 2019
    Link to the tournament?
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 842 Mega Baller
    @ALPJr The course used for the tournament is in a protected no-wake zone that we can only use for one day a year (Saturday), but there is a public course in another portion of the same lake that anyone can ski with their own boat.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,612 Mega Baller
    Great tournament with GREAT people. The layout is "interesting" with a walk through the woods to get to the starting dock, but I think you'll really enjoy the entire experience!

(Technically I haven't been there in several years, so I don't know for sure the layout is still as I described.)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,138 Mega Baller
    Thanks!
  • swaterkdswaterkd Posts: 76 Baller
    @Than_Bogan don't make fun of the Vermont Triathlon. 2 mile hike, 1 set of slalom and 1 mile swim!!
    Keith MenardThan_Bogan
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 842 Mega Baller
    @Andre that link is from last year. This year's tournament info is here. FYI the tournament is full.
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 739 Crazy Baller
    One of my favorite tournaments - Site, location and the people are great.
    Than_Bogan
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 296 Solid Baller
    @Pat M - I figured it was your favorite because you return with a full cooler of VT IPA’s! Ski well everyone. Very fond memories of Al’s pep talk at that site after I’d blown my opener in the first two rounds.
    @Bdecker Ah Brian you know me to well. The site is dangerously close to getting some Heady Topper
    Keith Menard
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 624 Crazy Baller
    @Pat M hoping to score some fiddlehead too :)
    @Keith Menard and @Pat M , as a Waterbury resident and IPA lover, try the Frost beers...Lush and Plush are amazing!!
    Keith Menard
    edited August 2019
    It was out of the way...but man I love fiddlehead

DaveD

Than_BoganAndreraynharddock
    Now that's a 'fidge!
    Keith Menard
  • rfarfa Posts: 260 Baller
    Nice post @Keith Menard ...great to meet you and your family. Yes, it was (as always) a great time.
    Rui Afonso
    Than_BoganKeith Menard
    You as well @rfa hope we can ski together soon!