Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ski

My son is 6'3" 220 pounds a good open water skier is joining the university of Cincinnati waterski club Looking for a new ski. I was looking at the radar Vapor or Senate brand maybe the HO Syndicate each one has different levels what is the difference? and how much real difference is there between a 2017 ,2018 and 2019. if I posted this twice sorry

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,777 Mega Baller
    What's he been on?

• MearlyMearly Posts: 3
    he skis on an Obrien seven and old Obrien TRC . has had a few runs on a HO not sure what one.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    I would likely look at a 69” Senate or Omni. Even though he is a good open water skier he will likely be going 30-32 mph in the course for a year or two. I might look on Ski-it-again because he may improve quickly and it will be easier to upgrade.
    Mark Shaffer
    Bruce_Butterfield
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,777 Mega Baller
    If I were learning the course and skiing competitions I'd start with something big and easy. Big enough to 100% get an opener. Butter knife even.

College on ZBS?
  • DangerBoyDangerBoy Posts: 304 Solid Baller
    edited August 26
    There's a 69" HO Carbon Omni BWF cheap on eBay right now.

https://ebay.com/itm/1-HO-Carbon-Omni-Water-ski-69BWF/401858645057

I think that would be an excellent choice for him, depending on what you can get it for.
    I can take anything apart
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 395 Baller
    There are a ton of good skis out there - my suggestion is to have his coach give him a recommendation based on how he skis
    TEL