Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is this about?

dislanddisland Posts: 1,336 Mega Baller
Dave Island- Princeton Lakes

Comments

• 94009400 Posts: 617 Crazy Baller
    My guess is the new "stretchy ropes" vs "stiff ropes" debate.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,926 Mega Baller
    I think it just clarifies there might be different ropes. You can pick but not complain about it.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,169 Mega Baller
    Gives tournament organizers flexibility to provide different types of ropes.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    Bill22
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    I think it's because the optimized rope is optimized for a 150 lb open skier
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    Bruce_Butterfield2tracmind
  • mshaw200mshaw200 Posts: 98 Baller
    It's about time.
    Zero Off has to get new software updates approved and still gives you 9 settings to chose from. Boat manufacturers have to get new boats approved but Masterline was allowed to just change the ropes for this year without having to get approval from anyone and with no options for the skiers.

I shouldn't be forced to use a rope that is that much different from last years ropes unless I choose to.

Nice to know IWSF has realized this and taken steps to make a difference.
    And my hair was perfect!
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,926 Mega Baller
    @mshaw200 - I'm reading that differently than you are. To me its saying that regardless of what they supply you are going to use it and you are going to like it.

The International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation announced today it has passed the following rules exception for class L/R events for the remainder of 2019:
    10.04 - h) Differing rope specifications – Organizers will supply ropes that meet the above specifications.
    Ropes may be:
    1.) the same brand with the same specifications; ie. two masterline optimized ropes
    2.) the same brand with differing specifications; ie a masterline optimized and non-optimized masterline
    3.) different brands altogether. ie. a proline and a masterline optimized

A minimum of 2 ropes of each type must be supplied and there will be no more than 2 types of rope supplied. If different ropes specifications are used, skiers will be permitted to choose which rope to use. No re-ride will be granted if a skier receives the wrong rope. A skier cannot provide his/her own slalom rope.

So if you show up to a tournament that has 2 masterline optimized ropes - tough titties that's what you get, if you show up to one that has a masterline optimized and a masterline regular rope you can pick the regular version - but if you get pulled and it was the optimized that was tied to your handle - again tough titties no re-ride.

And you cannot bring your own.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,391 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Are there approved ropes or can any ropes be supplied as long as in specs? Intow, Radar, HO
    Shut up and ski
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,617 Mega Baller
    I applied for a rule deviation for our Fall Record tournament at LaPoint Ski Park so that we could offer two different ropes. In my view, you want to maximize the skier experience while staying within the rules.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Killer
  • mshaw200mshaw200 Posts: 98 Baller
    @BraceMaker What I'm seeing is that IWSF realizes that there is a real difference in the two ropes and is allowing a tournament to provide 2 options if they choose to....and I get "if they choose to".

It's nice that this is an option. I don't think it's right that Masterline was allowed to change the ropes as drastically as they did (in my opinion) and skiers weren't given any options.

I get that if they only have the new rope then I'm stuck with it, I personally think it's crap and hope I don't get stuck with it. And I'm also hoping that tournaments will do what they can to have both options available for skiers to choose from.
    And my hair was perfect!
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,990 Mega Baller
    edited August 2019
    Chose the good rope and forgot his gloves

skialexlpskierKillerCooper_Trelawney
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,617 Mega Baller
    Joe Cash?
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly