Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nautique 200 spraying water up between platform and hull

cullenskiscullenskis Posts: 2 New Baller
My ski team recently purchased a new 2019 Nautique 200. Among other problems (another discussion - I've been disappointed with the quality control on this boat from the factory), our hydrogate stripped out of the back of the boat. We just had it replaced, but now the boat sprays water up between the platform and the hull of the boat. We have owned several 200s and have never had this happen before. Does anyone else have this problem on 200s or know what causes it? Is it harmful to the hydrogate, and is there a way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• acmxacmx Posts: 239 Baller
    I think most all 200's I've seen do it.
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 915 Crazy Baller
    There should be absolutely no spray as you describe.
    Your Correct Craft dealer should be able to properly fix the hydrogate; otherwise contact Nautique.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,589 Mega Baller
    If you are talking about the "Bryant" 200 without the saddlebag storage, our club boat does that. It shoots water straight up at the transom. I initially thought there was something wrong with the Hydrogate, but it looks fine. Incidentally, this boat skis substantially better than the original 200 we had last year. Much better wake.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    jayskiz_skier
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,170 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Is this a Bryant built version?
  • cullenskiscullenskis Posts: 2 New Baller
    This is the new 200, built at the Bryant factory in Tennessee
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 849 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    My 196 does that.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 605 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2
    If I remember correctly the platform needs to be closer to the back of the hull. This will prevent spray from coming up.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    Dave is correct. Either use some weather stripping or remount the platform closer to the hull.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 610 Crazy Baller
    Ours shoots water up as well. Haven't looked at how easy if would be to adjust the platform. It does ski very well with no notice degradation. Another little issue is that the plastic side panels on the drivers seat like to pop off.
    MISkiercullenskis
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,589 Mega Baller
    @RAWSki, our panels on the sides of the seats are also popping off.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • vtjcvtjc Posts: 239 Baller
    My ‘08 196 does this as well.
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 915 Crazy Baller
    Regardless of the model boat; an unordered hydrogate induced evidentiary douche up the ass is intolerable.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    Mateo_VargasBruce_ButterfieldMDB1056
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 605 Crazy Baller
    edited September 3
    @Drago if it was that obvious then the question would not of been asked.
  • DWDW Posts: 2,021 Mega Baller
    Sounds like 200 owners could do some data gathering. What is the gap between the hydrogate and the transom v. water spray and platform gap v. water spray.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 610 Crazy Baller
    There are 3-4 little things on the 200 that need to addressed the water 'rooster tail' is probably the most obvious.... But overall the boat skis and drives great. I am viewing this as a "first production year" boat by Correct Craft (doesn't matter to me where it is produced) I just hope to see some tweaks/improvement in 2020.