Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! HO Bindings—What Am I Looking At?

PeterAKPeterAK Posts: 39 Baller
edited September 4 in Skis Fins Bindings
Just received my new Carbon Omni and XMax boots from @perfski and I’m confused... ski and front boot were shipped direct from HO and rear binding came from Performance. I’m new to setting up skis. Front boot is easy. But, what are all of these pieces that came with the rear? Seems like I should be able to just install the boot as is, but did they send me two direct connect plates, and a couple different size foot beds? Also, the size shows women's... I’m a man, size 12 and they do fit me just fine. Just strange to see that.

Milwaukee and Waupaca, WI -- Let me know if you are in the area and want to get together to ski!
Tagged:

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,762 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

PeterAK
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 339 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited September 4
    @PeterAK Hi, I can't speak for @perfski as to why they sent you those extra DC plates, but you should be able to mount that boot as is to your Carbon Omni. Maybe they wanted you to be able to convert the boots to Direct Connect at your option?? Looks like you got a misprinted label in the tongue (sorry about that)... xMax isn't made in a Womens size. But if the shoe fits... B)
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
    PeterAKThan_Bogan
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 617 Crazy Baller
    My xMax binding also incorrectly says woman. No one reads the inside of my binding and, judging by most of the women skiers I know, I should ski more like a woman anyway.
    PeterAKsavaiusiniRednucleus
  • PeterAKPeterAK Posts: 39 Baller
    Thanks @savaiusini. Do I want to convert them to direct connect?
    Milwaukee and Waupaca, WI -- Let me know if you are in the area and want to get together to ski!
  • DangerBoyDangerBoy Posts: 304 Solid Baller
    @PeterAK I don't think you do. I've never tried DC but I've heard from guys at the local waterski store that it's a lot more difficult to adjust boot position with DC vs standard plate mounting. Someone who's tried both systems will be able to give you a more authoritative opinion on that though. I'm just repeating what I've heard from guys who work in a ski shop and should know what they're talking about.
    I can take anything apart
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 617 Crazy Baller
    edited September 4
    Adjusting DFT is easy, pull up the Velcro footbed and loosen two screws. Adjusing the angle requires the screws to be removed and put into a different slot.
    Totally optional. If you're the set it and forget it type, give it a go if you like the cleaner look. Otherwise, standard plates are maybe a little easier to fiddle with especially when you're figuring out a new ski. Otherwise @DangerBoy and @vtmecheng are correct. No wrong answers here.
  • TELTEL Posts: 303 Crazy Baller
    @savaiusini kinda changing the subject. My GF skies on a TX only has direct connect, is HO go to release a new boot other than the XMAX. She loves the ski just needs a better hi end boot.
  • skialexskialex Posts: 899 Crazy Baller

@PeterAK Ohh you have a woman’s boot..
    A_B
    @TEL in Direct Connect boots, xMax (2019) and SkyMax (2020) are the top of the range. To move to a higher performance boot like a Hardshell or Animal, unfortunately you'd need to move to a ski with standard inserts. Might be worth looking for a deal on an Omni? I wish I had a better answer for you.
  • mikemapplemikemapple Posts: 2 New Baller
    Hey @PeterAK if you want to shoot me a pm with your number as soon as I’m at the shop I can give you a call and help you out on this. Not sure about the printing on the boot but would love to help you out!
    thagerPeterAK