Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nate Smith - Authentic Safesport Executive Summary

For those questioning the authenticity of the Safesport Report - see the executive summary attached.
oldjeepslalomhbfs

Comments

• powbmpspowbmps Posts: 132 Baller
    I apologize if this has been brought up in one of the other threads....

If they are determining that he "did engage in the alleged behavior", did this report then go to the authorities?
    Wishski4xtcJoeMac
  • BrendaNicholsBrendaNichols Posts: 4 Baller
    edited September 2019
    Since Horton has also blocked me from commenting on the deep state thread, the men discounting that Nate Smith is a predator should be careful what they say. I do not wish for one second for these men to have to endure as a parent what I have lived through because of this predator.
    ClydesdaleskidawgBulldogWoodySkierUCFskier
  • I don't recall seeing anyone discount anything. It's just normal questions that people are asking.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Wish9400Dragosantangelo
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    I wrote this in the other thread I'll say it again, these behaviors nearly always escalate. His family or someone needs to encourage him to seek help are there will almost certainly be more victims. It's too bad he wasn't charged 8n the domestic violence case.
    ski4xtc
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 330 Solid Baller
    @Horton Clearly you haven’t taken the safesprt training. False accusations are rare. The problem isn’t an organization the is well intentioned. It’s people that don’t understand the issue. Most victims never say anything. My blood boils as I read through these posts. Very few people get it. It’s people that failed the victims! Not an organization created because the crimal justice system isn’t designed to police crimes against people. Ugh.

Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    mshaw200wawaskrjakecuz23
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,774 Administrator
    @gjohnson well that's a false accusation to begin with.
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

JoeMac
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 330 Solid Baller
    @Horton ok then, if you’ve taken the training, you know I’m right.
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    mshaw200
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,774 Administrator
    @gjohnson I do not recall any such inference in the training. While I am challenging the readership of this website to go do some reading you are making assumptions about what I think or don't think.
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

mcskier41OldboyIIJoeMac
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 837 Mega Baller
    As the SafeSport training details, kids aren't the only ones who get groomed. Predators often groom the families too.
    Than_BoganrfaObrienslalom
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    edited September 2019
    @skidawg it happens, I think we need to talk to our children about it and I'm not sure how to go about that exactly but they need to have their guards up. One of my kids was in a dance team and she came home from an event intoxicated (at 14) and lied about where she got the alcohol, basically because she didn't want to be the one who ruined the team for everyone else. My wife and other parents defended the organizer, who looked and acted much younger than he was. There was something about the guy I was always suspicious of, he was just too friendly with kids, really I thought he was gay but could quite figure things out because he had a young women with him at times. It happened again a year or so later, end of story, she was done and I didn't care what anyone else said. I called a meeting of all the parents. Again they defended him and allowed their children to continue. Not too long after that one of the boys told there parents this organizer was trying to get him into a relationship and had been making advances. Finally the other parents believed me and the kids started telling the truth that the guy had been giving them alcohol.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,586 Mega Baller
    @jjackkrash Yep it's a crazy world. As a high school coach, I am very careful to cc either a parent or multiple athletes. Then I get frustrated when the athlete replies only to me and I have to re-cc the parents. They kinda don't want their parents in the conversation so I have to pay attention!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 599 Crazy Baller
    @Than_Bogan, I am sure it can be a real pain like you said, and some kids won't understand why it is important, but you absolutely need to protect yourself. Even cc'ing another school official would be better than engaging a student in a one-on-one e communication.
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 420 Solid Baller
    Nate just posted a statement
  • bojansbojans Posts: 270 Solid Baller
    Statement from Nate on FB

randy meny
  • E_TE_T Posts: 622 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
    ScarletArrowThan_Boganski6jones