Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1991 Supra Conbrio

We used to have a great wake slalom skiing, but after an incident, we had to repair the prop. Since then, a definite lip on the port side. We adjusted the cavitation plate several times, but still not what it used to be... Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,097
    edited September 2019
    My guess is the prop still isn't back to spec. Or you've bent the strut.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• do you mean the drive shaft
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 293 Baller
    I would think a bent shaft would be vibration vs messing up your wake.
    Strut could be a better guess.
  • DWDW Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    More definition on the incident may help us provide some better tips. Asymmetric wake will result if the boat now has a list (side tilt) while running, so have a skier do a visual check when boat is at speed. What all was impacted by the incident? As noted, besides getting the prop repaired, suggestions would be to check all the running gear. I would also check engine alignment. Can you return the plate back to previous, I would start there to do more investigation on the root cause of the lip. Dial indicator on the back tip of the shaft can tell you if the shaft is bent, along with a difference in effort to simply spin the shaft (the rubber style strut bearings will have an effect also).
  • so i hit the prop then the lift cross bar prop was not bent that bad had a small bend in the tip on one blade when you say the strut is that what holds the shaft in place there is no vibration
  • DWDW Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    @playmate - correct the strut is what holds the shaft right near the prop. Did you hit the lift cross bar while docking the boat or did the prop rest on it when you lifted the boat. More specifics would lead to different priorities on troubleshooting. Example - resting on it, bent shaft; hitting it with a spinning prop, prop damage. What material is the prop, stainless steel (silver) or nibral (bronze color)? Stainless props are not very forgiving and harder to straighten.
  • hit prop backing board out on the cross bar brass prop
  • where do you put the angle of the cavitation plate. i've tried looking s of different settings rt now down a bit on the rt side up abit on the left seemed to remove the lip on port side. so it’s better but not perfect