Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic slalom mode

TdubTdub Posts: 256 Baller
Just curious. I recently had to send in my GPS puck to Perfect Pass because version 9 was not seeing the GPS. So we are using classic mode. Been a while since I have used it. Question: Once it is locked in on the baseline RPM, does PP increase/decrease the RPM while pulling a skier or does it just stay at the RPM set for that speed? Just wondering? I will say this, Classic mode sure does make running the course a bit easier.

Cheers.
Tom

Comments

• DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 901 Crazy Baller
    the RPM is set skier will just pull it down
    Tdub
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    Add skier and crew rpm, then classic tries to keep that total. You can add kx, which is how hard it reacts. The switch added more rpm when the skier triggered it. The biggest difference is it won't freak out @ 3 ball and drop or add rpm so drastically
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    GloersenTdub
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 432 Baller
    it just trys to maintain that RPM. The only way it would go up is if you hooked up a switch.
    Tdub
  • WoodySkierWoodySkier Posts: 109 Baller
    Sometimes I ski behind a pp classic boat and it feels real slow. I can also slow it down if I get behind and pull hard.
  • iceboatingiceboating Posts: 31 Baller
    Slightly off topic but if I have a guest skiing with us that normally skis classic PP and is struggling with their passes I will set Zero Off to RPM and dial in the appropriate rpm for desired speed and it will hold that RPM for them and feel like PP. You have to make an educated guess for RPM on the first pass but generally not to hard to get dialed in.
  • ESPNSkierESPNSkier Posts: 171 Baller
    @Tdub Did you get another GPS puck yet? I upgraded to StarGazer Ver. 9 earlier this summer and recently it started cutting out during passes. PP was great to work with and they told me that they were having issues with some GPS pucks that were recently shipped out. They sent me a replacement and everything seems to be good now.
  • TdubTdub Posts: 256 Baller
    @ESPNSkier I have not received one yet. I trust PP to get me one soon. They are the best.