Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RADAR ENGINEER BOA GLOVE - unboxing

HortonHorton Posts: 31,066 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

JordanShakeskiKRoundyballsohard

Comments

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,269 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I love the Vapors. Can’t wait to try the Engineers.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 389 Crazy Baller
    They are pretty awesome. I was worried that the palm would bunch without some adjustment on the back of the hand, but it was a non issue.

I too loved the Vapors, but these are moving forward.
    Sharkballsohard
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 366 Crazy Baller
    I seem to get the vapors when I drink too much Scotch!
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 1,012 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Best glove made. Been using the Boa since they started making them, a little pricey but you get what you pay for. They last a long time.
  • Anyone have issues with the sizing of their Engineer gloves?
    JC McCavit
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,066 Administrator
    @JC McCavit I thought I needed to size up until I got them wet and then they're perfect

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

gsmith795ballsohard
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,560 Mega Baller
    reports?
    love them. really really good.

ballsohard
  • alex38alex38 Posts: 531 Baller
    Does anyone know if the sizing of these gloves match the previous models? I.E. vapor boa inside out?
    @alex38 I believe they do. I can tell you that the first time you try out a brand-new pair you will think they are too small. Get them wet and a weasel your hand in there and they are amazing.

alex38gsmith795ballsohard
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,791 Mega Baller
    Still really like the Ergo K gloves. Practically indestructible.
  • alex38alex38 Posts: 531 Baller
    @Horton thanks for the reply, do you recall what size you tried?
    @alex38 I wear mediums in all brands and styles of gloves. Are you not change my glove size for the engineer gloves.

alex38
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 905 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I've been rocking these since probably about 2012 or 2013 (I don't ski as often as most of you.) They have done really well for me and I have really enjoyed them, but I can tell that they might not be lasting me very much longer.

Hopefully this new glove from Radar could be the one that finally replaces them.
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 432 Open or Level 9 Skier
    escmanaze, Are you saying that you have been using a pair of gloves for 7years? I cant get a pair of gloves to last a full season.
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 905 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @JackQ Yes I have. Keep in mind I don't actually get to ski very much. I probably only make it out 20 days on the good years - 10 days on the bad years. Also keep in mind that I am not a shortline skier, so it's probably safe to say that I am not putting the same forces on them as most folks on this forum.

BUT, I do usually go through gloves a lot faster than that and I have been very impressed with the durability of these radars I bought 7 years ago.
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 773 Crazy Baller
    edited August 2020
    7 seasons for gloves? Heck, I go thru a couple pair of board shorts a year, but I tend to be a bit gassy :D
    escmanaze
  • Keith_MenardKeith_Menard Posts: 726 Mega Baller
    @escmanaze Yup, I still have the same ones in Orange...I wish I had bought 30 pairs! Favorite glove by far, but finally getting too stretched out.
    escmanaze