Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pylon phone mount

For those that have created their own PVC pylon camera mount. Anyone using their phone camera? Any chance you can show me the set-up you used and which phone mount you used?

I'd really like some video of my skiing, hopefully that will help me improve. Hard to get video with just you and a driver.

Comments

• SkiRVSkiRV Posts: 41 Baller
    edited October 2019
    Bruce Smith
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 43 Baller
    Now using a ski doc with a GoPro (looping) and a homegrown lipo power supply which will run the camera for hours. Previously used a cell phone mount like this one though. It worked great with my iPhone 6. One trick I learned is to disable the cameras stabilization. Stabilization caused some really weird effects in the video....
    Current setup works great with GoPro hero 4 set to narrow field of view, 1080p, 60fps...
    HMan66
  • HMan66HMan66 Posts: 38 Baller
    Anyone tried one of these? http://www.e-z-cam.com/
  • DockoelbotoDockoelboto Posts: 106 Baller
    thanks everyone! Trying to come up with a simple, cheap work around. Maybe buying an old go pro would be worth it.
    @SkiRV do you have that on top of the PVC set up that others here have posted about? Seems like a pretty simple solution.
    @Clydesdale how did you adapt the lipo for the camera? Genius!
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,585 Mega Baller
    edited October 2019
    @HMan66 I had one of the early e-z cams. It fell apart, it was poorly made. Very disappointed.
    Maybe the newer ones are made better?
    HMan66
    @HMan66 bought this wide range adapter on eBay. No longer available but I found similar you could use. Connected to a a 3s 2200 lipo from Hobbyking and works great!
    HMan66
    @SkiRV very impressive! Good idea! Seems fairly simple to build and if it works, even better.
  • mmskiboatmmskiboat Posts: 103 Baller
    @SkiRV What is at the bottom of the PVC tube. With the screw in it. Is the a bottom cap of sorts that the pvc rotates in?
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,013 Mega Baller
    Our latest PVC creation has bent rubber strips as the isolator from the PVC to the mount. Works really well with all modern phones. Depends what boat you have, too. My 16 200 has significantly less vibration and resonance shuddering through the boat (basically none) than a current Malibu, for example.
  • SkiRVSkiRV Posts: 41 Baller
    edited October 2019
    @mmskiboat 2-1/2" split collar clamp. Could also use wakeboard tower clamp. PVC has bushings pressed in top & bottom

Bruce Smith
    mmskiboatHMan66
  • BobFBobF Posts: 161 Baller
    I put this mount on mine.
    My creation. About $25 in material and a couple hours of my time. You do have to pull it off to shorten the rope but it just takes a few seconds. I stuck some felt pads in the bottom for a nice fit around the pylon, and I put a piece of pipe insulation under the cap for vibration dampening.

• JgoldJgold Posts: 6 Baller

Thanks @SkiRV you inspired me. I had to use what was available at the local hardware but I am pleased with the results.
    adamhcaldwellLanceHCookHMan66