Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Ten Ad's of All Time

A_BA_B Posts: 4,140 Mega Baller
edited October 23 in Skis Fins Bindings
Marketing bests over time. This has to be up there... I mean, look at those Animals!

keithh2oskierMISkierBill22igkyaKKellyGarALPJreleeskiShakeskiGreg Banishadkh2oskierbrodyMuskokaKyCalisdad57BulldogBMG73dvskiingbraindamageauskier

Comments

• fu_manfu_man Posts: 420 Crazy Baller
    I can't look this up because I'm at work, but I seem to remember Suzanne Somers and Maherajah skis.
    9400aupatkingCollinSpradlin
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,559 Mega Baller
    “You’ll never have to yell at your wife again.” Early speed control ad.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Calisdad57
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,140 Mega Baller
    @fu_man I have that one, but I have been yelled at for posting milder pictures...
    RazorRoss3
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 70 Baller

“So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”
    A_BeleeskiCooper_TrelawneyMuskokaKy
    @75Tique good thing you posted. I wouldn’t have taken the time to edit mine. :blush:

Natalie Hamrick has a cool ad wrapped up in a rope of anyone has that.
    CollinSpradlin
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 224 Baller
    @75Tique A couple of years ago, one of the neighbor's at our lake had guests over. We were all going out skiing and one of the old timer's came walking down to my dock with his vintage Maherajah wooden ski. When I asked what it was, he said, "if you saw the poster, you'd buy it too". :)
    A_Bmfjaegersrski6jones
    Obrien had full length commercials, obviously ran them during Pro Tour coverage.

eleeskiCooper_TrelawneyMuskokaKyBulldog
  • NandoNando Posts: 524 Crazy Baller
    Oh, man, @Broussard, there's just so much wrong with those old ads! Different times... When those old Mastercraft ads came out, I was coaching baseball with the guy who was the account manager. Not a skier, but his boss was. He then got a sweet deal on a Prostar so he and one of his coworkers bought it. He told me that neither of them had ever owned a boat before and unintentionally abused it pretty badly. The went to the local dealer to sell it on consignment and he looked at its condition and asked, "What happened, was it stolen?"
    A_B
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    edited October 24
    Beer ads used so use skiing too. I have a print ad from Hamm’s with a skier.
    eleeskiA_BMISkierandjules
    The 80s were a very fun time!
    eleeski
    @BlueSki half the guys on here probably never had a Hamm's beer. I know I did!
    BlueSkieleeskiMISkierToddA
    @A_B, you can still get Hamm’s beer. I pulled up the website and they have a locator. My guess is that you will find it at the exact opposite end of the beer aisle from anything in the stop MS from running 39 beer thread.
    DragoA_B
    When I was kid we'd be working at the lake and when we took a break, my dad and uncle would pull out a Hamm's. As kids we'd always ask for a taste and, based on that, I thought beer tasted terrible. It wasn't until later when I discovered it didn't all taste like that swill. (And my uncle owned the liquor store!)

For many years, the plant engineer at Hamm's brewing was the legendary Tom Chapin and that's what he'd buy if it was available. We were setting up for a tournament one time and he went on a beer run. PC asked where his dad went and his response was, "Oh, no- you can't let him go for beer- he'll buy Hamm's!" I though that may have been him in the ad, but no.
    eleeskiBlueSki
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,463 Mega Baller
    Is it just me, or am I sensing a "theme" here?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    MISkierNot_The_PugObrienslalom
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
    I used to have an O'Brien poster with Bob & Kris LaPoint, Andy Mapple, Camille Duvall, and Geoff Carrington all dressed like 1920's gangsters. Been looking for that poster on line but haven't been able to find it.