Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need recommendation for new water ski.

I am 55 yrs old. I've been skiing on an HO VTX 9.8 flex slalom ski for 30 years or so. Either it's getting heavier or I am. I tried out a brand new D3 and it was complete opposite of what I knew. Almost too light; too fast. What would be a good step up from what I'm on. It's a 66 and I can make 15 off with it but don't ski a course usually. Need recommendations.

Comments

• swb911swb911 Posts: 1 New Baller
    HO Omni...
    ELDIABLOJBB
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 304 Crazy Baller
    If you want to stick with HO try out an Omni. If you would like to try other brands try a Radar Senate. For size recommendations we need to know how much you weigh and how fast you usually ski.
  • ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 117 Baller
    Omni Syndicate or Radar Senate are good options to look at - they will ski differently than one another - but both worth checking out if you can!
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,023 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Sam777 If you are able to, Demo several to find a ski that feels right for you, in saying that,the more modern ski is very likely to feel very different to what you were skiing on, because of new materials and technology, they are Lighter and Faster, some more stable and others not so stable, most of the modern skis can be tuned for feel etc. if you are going to jump in and buy something without a demo, then "SKI IT AGAIN" is a good place to get a good deal on something that is 1-3 years old, but still a good buy for somebody like yourself.
    Graphite Senate may fit, but you would have to choose between a 65" or 67"

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

aupatking
  • GarnGarn Posts: 494 Crazy Baller
    The HO Omni I think would be perfect for you. I would probably recommend the Carbon Omni. But I think the Omni ski is a real game changer. It is so effortless to ski on and so easy on the body. Just a great ski.
    @Garn if you read his original post, he states that he did not like the fast ski, in which case I would discount the Omni, very easy to over cook it, I didnt get on with the Omni for that very reason, I personally found it was somethong that you stood on, not something you could crank at will, not the ski for aggressive skiers in my opion, but there are people who will think different, it definitely didn,t fit me.

• GarnGarn Posts: 494 Crazy Baller
    I think it is a ski for anybody. Somebody who skis the course into the shorter lines, get the Syndicate Omni. Total free skier, get the regular Omni. Somewhere in between, get the Carbon Omni. I've put skiers of all levels on it and I personally have never had anyone who tried it not like it if not love it. I don't even know what you mean by over cook it. If you want to ski it aggressively, go for it! It will rip! Don't want to ski it aggressively, you don't have to and it will perform wonderfully. I ski the course on my Syndicate Omni. My wife and daughters are open waterskiers who are anything but aggressive and they love their Carbon Omni. I can't say enough about this ski. Particularly for an older skier this ski is great because it doesn't beat you up. It is so easy on your body due to the ski having less drag then about any other ski out there thanks to that clean edge. You can ski longer and more sets because you don't get worn out. That's my opinion.
    jepski
    If it works for you, that,s great, I actually started to go backwards, went back on my Pro Build ended the season 10 bouys above my previous PB.
    A lot of people like it, I think I am a oddball, really fussy about how the ski feels, the Omni just didn,t do it, I am not sure the setup was right on it, I wasn,t feeling the love that everybody else was feeling.

• Ski2000Ski2000 Posts: 10 Baller
    I have skied the 14 senate 15 nano 1xt and am currently on a Syndicate Omni. The Omni is effortless to ski, I’ll do 10 pass sets on it, where my Nano 1xt will wear me or by six passes.
    I ski both because I really like how fast and aggressive my Goode is, but I am starting to ski the course now and find progress is better on my Omni.
  • jepskijepski Posts: 27 Baller
    I will echo all the positive comments regarding the Omni. I have the carbon Omni, I’m a couple years older than you and agree it is less effort than some other skis. Meaning you can ski more, learn more and have more fun.
    You didn’t mention what bindings you are using - assume you will move them over to your new ski?
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,782 Mega Baller
    @Stevie Boy my one critique is that mine came way off on fin settings, I literally had to grind relief for the DFT screw to get to the factory settings.

I suspect the skis do not get set up locally before shipping.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 528 Crazy Baller
    @BraceMaker Performance ships there skis out after setting them to factory specs. That’s the Performance difference!