Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help selecting Neoprene Material for O'brien overlay

Hi,

I have an older O'brien Seige Comp that needs a new overlay piece.

I have reached out to Wiley's, but because the overlay has a built in velcro cinch set up they can't help me.

I've read on this forum that folks have ordered neoprene from McMaster Carr. Would anyone be able to point me to the correct part #? There a enough options on the McMaster Carr site to make it difficult to determine what to order.

Any help would be much appreciated.

mcmaster.com/neoprene-rubber

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,729 Administrator
    Call Wiley's

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,872 Infinite Pandas
    Time for a binding upgrade? Probably a better idea than repairing a sketchy old binding.

Eric
    HortonOldboyII
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,777 Mega Baller
    Is this just one of those sliders with two Velcro wraps that overlap in the back with a flap?
  • prp77prp77 Posts: 2
    BraceMaker,

Yes it has the two velcro wraps in the back.

I have contacted Wiley's and because of the velcro (they don't have ability to sew neoprene) they are not able to help.

The main part of the binding is fine, and the overlay just has a small tear. I don't ski competitively. Just fixing the overlay is all I need at this point.

$$ no object I'd be looking for a new ski, or to replace the 94 Prostar 190 for that matter :-)

Doug
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,777 Mega Baller
    My dad had those bindings for years on his Obrien world team, refused to change so I've rebuilt them a number of times. But then again I can sew through the rubber material and would just lay them out on a standard wileys overlay and cut it. But then i would always use my belt sander to smooth the cuts.

If I were you at this point I would simply buy a Wileys CBO mid wrap. It will feel similar or better and require less dorking around and they sell 100% of the parts to keep it going forever. https://www.wileyski.com/product/cbo-front-on-universal/
    Than_Bogan