Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Radar Butterknife sizing??

nahtnaht Posts: 3 New Baller
5'11, 195 old free skier. Can I get by with a 67" Butterknife or should I go to 69". Maybe 69" Katana? 67" BK has more surface than 69" Katana. Thanks Tom
Boo

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,461 Mega Baller
    Speeds have a huge impact as does the desired performance of the ski.

BK is a bigger Katana, both are wider skis. But it will depend a lot on if you ski 24 or 32 mph
  • nahtnaht Posts: 3 New Baller
    Mostly 30 mph
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,461 Mega Baller
    My thoughts would be that you're sort of at the top of the sizing for a 67 butterknife, and also at the top of its speed range. So if you rarely go slower than 30 I would probably go 69" katana, if you slow it down from 30 a bit I would get the 69 butterknife.

If you have other skiers who are sharing it and are lighter you could consider a 67 butterknife.

You can always call radar and talk to them about it.
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 459 Crazy Baller
    @naht If you are buying from a dealer / shop ask to demo both ( if it is an option). A lot of good Radar dealers out there and up north here we often ride before we buy ( Rdar nation days are the best IMO). Hopefully that is an option for you. If not its a tough call based on the info above as it could go either way it seems. When in doubt go to the experts..
    @brooks @eddie_roberts_jr
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 469 Baller
    you could definately get by with a 67" butterknife at 30 mph.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,056 Mega Baller
    At 200 pounds I skied a 67” Katana all summer at 30 mph and never wanted for more ski. I think. BK would be plenty in 67” at 195.
    Mark Shaffer
  • APBAPB Posts: 343 Crazy Baller
    The 67” will be great!!!
  • nahtnaht Posts: 3 New Baller
    Thank you for the comments!! At 28-30 mph I thought the 67"BK might be a good choice. Has more surface area than the 69" Katana. If I wanted to ski at 24mph maybe the 69" BK would be better. You people on this site are a wealth of info!!!