Advice for Life

A_BA_B Posts: 4,399 Mega Baller
My lake partner lost his battle with cancer yesterday. 59 is way too young. I saw this posted and think it was good advice for all to follow. In the pursuit of the next buoy, higher rating, newer boat, new ski, or hot setup, make sure you take the time for what is really important.

escmanazeWishS1PittsZmanBruce_ButterfieldcougfanBrewskiDragoDavidPBulldogMDB1056allycatAPBmfjaegersrJody_SealJaypromarknklindymmskiboatLakeOneSkierjedgellsantangeloThe_MSShellKKellyh2onhkdbskiswc5150adkh2oskierjayskijercraneTELrandymenyrobmollysilverlakeGarIGskijpattigrBlueSkiNot_The_Pugchris55gsm_peterReggieOChef23Mrs_MSToddAjimskiShakeskiDWphntmskiskigirlskialexMJ1Skierx6_BuoysTexas6braindamageSkoot1123akale15BongoThePantsManCanTeddygmutballsohardrfaMickeyThompsonBdecker

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 8,480 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Very sorry for your loss. Wise words
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    A_B
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,800 Mega Baller
    sorry to hear, cancer sucks
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    A_B
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 914 Crazy Baller
    Yes - count your blessings daily, and give thanks.
    A_B
  • MortyskiMortyski Posts: 119 Baller
    Hey A_B. Sorry to hear that, I can feel your loss from here. My condolences
    A_B
  • mmskiboatmmskiboat Posts: 155 Baller
    My condolences, and very wise words.
    A_B
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 366 Crazy Baller
    @A_B Yes 59 is way too young. Sorry for your loss. Will keep you and your lake partner’s family in my prayers. Very wise words.
    A_B
  • EFWEFW Posts: 177 Baller
    Did you ever just possibly think for a moment that this could all be a dream all staged for our personal benefit? And that reality doesn't actually exist. Sorry about your friend but stories like this always make me wonder. It always worries me in that in the end how am I going to account to God for the life that I've lived or squandered? Was the lake that you guys have right next to the interstate?
  • KKellyKKelly Posts: 30 Baller
    @A_B I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Kevin
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 444 Crazy Baller
    @A_B So sorry to hear of your loss. You can have a $100,000 boat, latest carbon fiber ski, a private lake, 10,000 s.f lake house, but it's all meaningless if you don't have your buddies doing it with you.

After losing several family members, three close buddies, and now seeing my spouse deal with it's continued torturing of her body, I'm cynical that we'll ever find a cure.

One truly has to live life like it's your last day on earth.
  • TustinTomTustinTom Posts: 106 Baller
    @A_B I am sorry for your loss. I am playing in "yet" another Cancer Charity Golf tournament tomorrow.

My good friend, Kurt James (KJ) creates a post he call "Truth Tuesday" Today's post on Kirk Cousins is especially fitting (if not chilling) to how much time we all have. https://www.truth-tuesday.com/post/what-it-looks-like-to-lead-a-life-well-lived
    cougfanA_B
  • ReggieOReggieO Posts: 94 Baller
    So sorry to hear of your lose, take care and celebrate his memory.
    A_B
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 264 Solid Baller
    I met a friend for coffee and while walking to the shop he yelled:

Love More
    Move More
    Eat Better
    Stress Less

Truer words were never spoken.

Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you, your family, and your friend’s family.
    A_BRichardDoane