Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW Masterline rope

lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,562 Mega Baller
I just tried a brand new hot off the press ML rope, either replacing or upgrading the Optimized rope, I’m not sure which. I can say that the rope itself felt great. All the stretchiness issues seem to be resolved, and the shortening segments are color coded so you can again tell rope length when watching from shore. Assuming consistency, ML seems to have fixed whatever was “wrong” with the Optimized rope and they have another winner in hand. Having been a critic of the Optimized rope, I’m pleased to be one of the first to give Russell and crew a “well done.”
John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
MISkieradamhcaldwelljayskiBruce_ButterfieldBill22Than_BoganWaterSkier12BulldogschaferhammerskidislandskiinxsJordan

Comments

• Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 699 Crazy Baller
    edited November 7
    Nice to hear that the colors will be easier to see. That was really the only thing I didn’t like about it.
  • LOTWLOTW Posts: 126 Baller
    I noticed the difference first pull out and first pass. My biggest concern during ski season is injuring my back, most of the time it's my fault for taking the hit and not letting go of the handle. I will say that I have had no back issues this summer and I attribute it mostly to this rope. If you haven't tried it, do so!
    hammerski
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 699 Crazy Baller
    Have had my elbow tendons flare up before. Not fun. Never had an issue this year with the Optimized line. Slack hits just are not as hard on you with this rope. And that is worth every dollar to me.
    Ed_JohnsonHortonskierjpMickeyThompson
  • hammerskihammerski Posts: 27 Baller
    Definitely easier on my shoulders, thanks ML!
    Jim Hammer
    Jim Hammer Insurance
    Winlock, WA
  • skialexskialex Posts: 900 Crazy Baller
    I checked masterline site last night and the new optimized rope looks pretty much the same as the old optimized rope, mostly white with a bit more color flakes, (or maybe it’s not up for sale yet).
    Don’t see how easier is going to be to recognize rope length from the shore.
    I liked though that they now offer the deluxe at a lower price.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,024 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 7
    The main problem for me is that there is not a lot of competition, regards Masterline other than InTow thats why the price for Ropes and Handles from Masterline are still on the up, They can charge what they like, $250 - $300 + Tax for Handle and Line ?

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,562 Mega Baller
    @skialex The rope I used yesterday had been picked up from ML the day before. Color-wise, it looks much different from the Optimized ropes we bought direct from ML just a week ago for our tournament. The new mainline is grey. And the shortening loops are clearly identifiable. This rope is not yet in stores as far as I know, but I expect it will be in the near future.

After using the same rope yesterday, an Open Women skier friend of mine intended to drive up to Clermont to get her own, if she could.
    skialex
  • sunperchsunperch Posts: 237 Crazy Baller
    @lpskier Price??????
    david_quail
    @sunperch i don’t know.
    Jenn LaPoint ties the W5 Record with a score of [email protected] at the Ross Ski Academy November Turns tournament. As a side note, she was using the new ML rope.
    Jody_SealGloersenWishJordan
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,258 Mega Baller
    In-tow for me until we get word from @Russell about the athletes they sponsor.
    Shut up and ski
    skihartJayproWaterSkier12
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 218 Baller
    Is this the only industry where the mfg website is the last thing to be updated to show a new product? LoL..
    Matt
    ShakeskiBill22slow
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 843 Crazy Baller
    @The_MS I'm not sure Russell needs to respond directly. Have you looked at Masterlines website recently. The athletes pictured, and those not, says a lot.
    schafer
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 606 Crazy Baller
    @Stevie Boy masterline does have competition. H.O Radar and for what it’s worth In tow. R&D is not cheap. Labor and materials time making the different braids. All product is American made and the other 3 companies cannot say that. Radar and H&O or accurate ropes are made in China. Other then Accurate ropes who are used in some tournaments in Florida I don’t see the other 2 giving back to the sport.
    skierjp
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 606 Crazy Baller
    @The_MS I you want to chose your rope because of who a company sponsors or doesn’t sponsor that is your choice. Maybe you should do a little research on in tow. Then you will find out why they are not at any tournaments as vendors or give back to the sport.
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 266 Crazy Baller
    I have been to tournaments that use InTow ropes, that is more an exception. I am not aware of where their rope is sourced, but they are all built by Brenda. I do believe they provide some sponsorship/support for some skiers.
    igkyaWishWaterSkier12ALPJr
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,024 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 8
    @dave2ball you would probably find that the likes of InTow would give more back to the sport ,if they had a bigger share of the market, at the moment probably not big enough to be able to do that.
    Any monopoly on a product is not good for the consumer.

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

• jayskijayski Posts: 803 Mega Baller
    @The_MS better switch to HO ropes if your truly standing behind that opinion :wink:
    I don’t generally research my products to that extent but when I am totally aware of issues with a company via media or personal experience with product, I will pull my boycott card.
    I guess if I owned a company and had the unfortunate problem of having to pull sponsorship of an athlete, I would probably make sure that athlete pulls down the info from his web site.
    Shut up and ski
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 218 Baller
    One would think that one component of a company pulling said athlete from sponsorship would also include that the said athlete removes all references of the company from their own personal websites??......Has not happened.
    Matt
    edited November 8
    Not if I owned ML. I would lawyer up and make him pull it down. I would also explain to my base of customers. But that is just me, I don’t own it but I can make purchase decisions based on a company’s reaction.
    Shut up and ski
  • mmskiboatmmskiboat Posts: 52 Baller
    Not sure if @Russell reads this but this page might need to be updated if it was missed.
    https://www.masterlineusa.com/pages/polypromax
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 806 Crazy Baller
    Let’s impeach the old ropes!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
    The_MS