ricorico Posts: 366 Crazy Baller
Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - Denali C-85 - Reflex
robmollysilverlakeslalomKillerRazorRoss3ALPJrhammerski

Comments

• PUoldmaidPUoldmaid Posts: 63 Baller
    Love this!! Get her back in the sport!
    RazorRoss3
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 960 Mega Baller
    Lots of stories in the Eastern Region about how good of a skier Bruce Jenner was back in the day.
    PatM
    edited November 2019
    I believe it! Bring her back and I will try to lobby all the women to agree to take no issue with her competing against us :)
    AdamCordRazorRoss3
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,839 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @PUoldmaid I assume as long as she competes a 34mph and doesn't drop back to 32 now that she's at least in W5! :)
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

PUoldmaidThe_MSRAWSki
  • ricorico Posts: 366 Crazy Baller
    Old thread mention he was eastern region overall champion.

I imagine the footage is related to this popular UK show she is part of now in Australia
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - Denali C-85 - Reflex
  • ricorico Posts: 366 Crazy Baller
    @klindy of course if she wants the street cred. I'll lobby that too.
    klindy
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 5,032 Mega Baller
    And in one instagram post more social media than sport gets in a year.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,766 Mega Baller
    @PUoldmaid please tell us you are joking. You don't really want a dude in women's waterskiing do you?
    edited November 2019
    @Bill22 I just donated $100 to a Polk City Venue via a crowd fundraiser. You have to ask yourself this - What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 341 Solid Baller
    Geeeesh and I thought it was one of his/her prettier daughters, that's 4 minutes ill never get back!
  • WishWish Posts: 8,480 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    On the plus side and do to social media, Joel has probably done more for exposing the sport of traditional waterskiing to the general public since Hot Summer Nights. That's good ..and sad at the same time when u think about it. .
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    DaveD
  • marknmarkn Posts: 489 Crazy Baller
    Time and money and Joel's celebrity was spent on THAT???
    Aw thanks @RazorRoss3. Couldn’t have done it (Learned waterski) without my grandfather who was a MTF surgeon in Wisconsin in the 80’s. Sensitivity training 101
    RazorRoss3Than_Boganski4xtc
    @RazorRoss3 @PUoldmaid In a world when society is screaming everything must be equal and fair. What would be fair about a man competing in a woman’s sport?

Now someone is going to say this is hateful. It’s not about hate at all. If a man wants to wear a dress and have some kind of surgery, then so be it, it’s his choice. If he wants to enjoy this sport, fine and dandy. Just don’t try to compete with the women.
    Onside135Bruce_ButterfieldBG1oldjeepsunperchdthate
    To be honest - I’d welcome the competition. I’ll even opt up to 36 if you want to keep this fair.
    RazorRoss3ScottScott9400AdamCord
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 548 Crazy Baller
    I’m sure there are lots of other celebs that ski - let’s talk about and encourage them
    @Horton, this would be a good thread to close down
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
    @Horton let’s grow out of the 90’s...
    RazorRoss3ScottScott
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,414 Mega Baller
    Believe it or not, other collegiate and beyond sports allow trans athletes to compete so long as they are undergoing hormone therapy at a level that isn’t deemed to level the playing field. Our sport isn’t exactly in a place where it’s smart to turn people away at the door.
    Than_BoganScottScott
    The Kardashians in our sport? They can buy Polk City outright. At least flirt some ideas around here. My W3 checkbook for this isn’t that thick.
    @RazorRoss3 growing the sport is out of our control. But a man has got to stand for something or he’ll fall for anything.
    Bruce_Butterfieldescmanaze
    And you’re saying because some colleges make a policy then that makes it right?
    escmanaze
    @Bill22 you are clearly missing the point. Inviting the idea and the attention to the idea IS growing the sport. Let the Reginas decide. Doubt Bruce can get to her level.
    RazorRoss39400
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,414 Mega Baller
    I’m saying other sports are accepting of people who don’t look like them, ours could be too
    ScottScott
This discussion has been closed.