Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memorable Birthday Gift

Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,985 Mega Baller
Well folks - my birthday was yesterday. On halloween I posted a photo of our lake in the snow and wind as I was taking the boat out of the lake. I said that I was only taking it out and not winterizing it because I wanted to ski on my birthday. Not knowing what the weather is like on November days I had no idea if this dream of mine to ski on my birthday would really come true or if it would be bitterly cold and impossible. The weather was 39 and cloudy with the water temp slightly above solid - so for my 39th birthday I took the plunge and skied. It doesn’t matter what rope length or the speed but all I know is that I had a great time out there doing something that I love. My grandpa told me that whenever I grew up (he is 94) I would know better than to ski in conditions like that. With a baller index of ~72, I never had so much fun. It was awesome. Thanks to my wife for the pictures and father in-law for

driving - it was a wee chilly!
BongoALPJrPUoldmaidChef23cougfanthagerRednucleusfoxriveratMISkierKimbymonSteven_HainesShellGarNot_The_PugskialexLOTWswc5150MDB1056igkyaklindyBill22BobFmarknrobmollysilverlakem_pagsMuskokaKyskigirlBlueSkiOne_SkiJayproSkierxvtmechengLakeOneSkierski4xtc

Comments

• epnaultepnault Posts: 348 Crazy Baller
    Good for you. My lake has been frozen since 10/30
    Skoot1123
  • jepskijepski Posts: 47 Baller
    From the title I thought your gift was a trip to FL or Costa Rica to ski - but hey good for you! Impressive and any birthday skiing is a happy birthday.
    Skoot1123cougfan
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,985 Mega Baller
    A trip to Costa Rica or Acapulco or Florida would be nice too! But a good ski run in November in central Illinois was pretty awesome.
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 459 Crazy Baller
    #badass! Good for you @Skoot1123
    Skoot1123
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 350 Solid Baller
    Happy Birthday!

My birthday's in December and my buddy and I always try and meet for a coffee on our motorcycles, weather permitting.

Of course, being in the midwest some years, it's a little tough.
    So far, we've only missed four in the past twenty.

Stay crazy, the rest of the world is just going through the motions.
    KimbymonSkoot1123
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,985 Mega Baller
    @2Valve - couldn’t agree more. Motorcycle and coffee sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy it this year!
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 350 Solid Baller
    @Skoot1123 I admit to cheating with heated gear and grips most years, but still a great day when you're on two wheels in winter.