Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would there be an advantage in going from a 2008 69" Ho Triumph to a 2017 67" Vapor Pro build?

aspskiaspski Posts: 227 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
Middle of winter discussion: Any benefit going from a 08 HO Triumph to a 17 67" Vapor pro build?
Discuss.

Comments

• dvskierdvskier Posts: 715 Crazy Baller
    Apples to oranges. The triumph has a lot more support and is a slower ski. The vapor is mostly used by aggressive free skiers and course skiers, quite a bit faster ski. You’ll find it harder to accomplish a deep water start if you’re a bigger guy. Like going for a Chevy Impala to a Corvette.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,160 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Yes
    Shut up and ski
    BlueSki
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 480 Baller
    it will make a tremendous difference but what is your weight - you might need a 68 ?
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 457 Crazy Baller
    @horton give him another triple panda! ;) haha
    aspski
  • aspskiaspski Posts: 227 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @MuskokaKy It's -25 and still 4 months from ski season for me, I need something water related to talk about haha.

@Ski_Dad 67" should work fine for me, I'm 185. Only have the old Triumph in a 69" so anyone could go for a ski and get up including my old man, plus it was bought when the only thing around to tow us was a seadoo haha
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,101 Mega Baller
    Yes.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,608 Administrator
    Volkswagen beetle Vs Ferrari

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

MuskokaKy
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,101 Mega Baller
    IIRC the Triumph is of Monza/System 8 design ethos and era. This is a ski that predates even the A1 by 3 years.

I remember doing an official "ski test" of the Triumph back in 2007 in the peak Fifteenoff.com days. It's still on the Wayback Machine is and is horrible so don't read it.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,608 Administrator
    edited January 2020
    to be clear the triumph is great but so is the Volkswagen beetle for what it is

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• skimtbskimtb Posts: 482 Solid Baller
    It would probably depend if you are using a 12” or 13” handle.
    skialexIGski
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    Frankly it depends on how good a skier you are, how big you are and what speed you ski at. If you are large and/or skiing slower the bigger Triumph will be better. For pretty much anything else the Vapor will be far better.
    Mark Shaffer