Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edge Change Handle Position

BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 7 New Baller
edited April 10 in Technique & Theory
I read somewhere the other day that I should lift handle at the center line so I can unweight the ski. What does this mean? Sounds like that would move the handle from my hips and make me separated.
Jody_Seal

Comments

• ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,140 Mega Baller
    edited February 2020
    I'd ask this question over in the Connection and Swing thread. I read those words also and had to re-read some of the thread to clarify. Clearly you want your handle near hips, or close to your COM. I think the notion is the COM comes up and the handle rises with it. Not that you should lift the handle alone.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
    adamhcaldwell
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,586 Administrator
    When I read that I thought it was totally "Capt. Obvious" and "why had I never thought about that before"? I mean clearly you need your COM to move up (or you need to compress your lower body) to allow the ski to flow away from the pylon. I am specifically talking about at centerline.

It should surprise no one that I am not an advocate of lower body compression.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

adamhcaldwellchris55
  • GeppettoGeppetto Posts: 22 Baller
    Anyone else working on this?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,586 Administrator
    Crap I forgot about this.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 621 Crazy Baller
    Covered in Rossi & Trent Spraymakers episode 8. Ditto - on not lowering body
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 913 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Like this?

Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet