Upgrading from a Fischer #1 to ???

Hey all, looking for some advice on what ski(s) to try. I'm currently on a Fischer #1, yellow stiffness 66' that I love, but it's got some age to it. I've previously ski'd an HO CDX I liked and not a fan of the D3/ HO Phantom, etc. Looking at the 2019 Radar Pro Builds, but no idea if that's close to the #1. I love the low weight and acceleration of the #1. I'm still amateur in a course with my results: best complete run is @ 22 off/ 36 mph.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help...

Comments

• thagerthager Posts: 5,625 Mega Baller
    I went from a Fisher #1 orange to a Radar RS-1 a while ago so I would guess any of the newer Radar Vapors would be a pretty easy transition for you.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    ski6jones
  • StefanStefan Posts: 145 Baller
    edited March 2020
    @Holeshot I'm pretty sure the Fisher is a derivative from the earlier Goodes. You shouldn't go wrong with say Goode 9970, the present model I believe is closest in shape to the earlier ones. I'm pretty sure I will be corrected here if my assumption is completely wrong :smile:
  • DWDW Posts: 2,577 Mega Baller
    I felt the Fisher lines up well with a traditional shape Goode ski as noted above.
    34mph
  • WishWish Posts: 8,604 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Denali ...never look back.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    ballsohard
  • HoleshotHoleshot Posts: 2
    Thanks a ton guys! I'm gonna try a Goode and see how that works as well as try a Radar Vapor. Will check back for sure.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,623 Mega Baller
    I think you'll do fine on either. I went from my Fischer to a Vapor and had no issues.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,343 Mega Baller
    I wouldn't think the Fisher is at all like most Goodes. Radar and Denali probably.
    Carl Addington, Cedar Ridge, MS