Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AZ Ski Club/Pay to ski

GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 246 Solid Baller
Very formative planning for a water ski club/pay to ski in the Phoenix area. I need to know what level of interest there is. Basically, I have access to a rotation on a private lake outside of Phoenix. Conversations started. Any interest?
dbaconaz

Comments

• dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 464 Crazy Baller
    Tried twice to send you a private message. Hope you received at least one of them.
  • GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 246 Solid Baller
    @dbutcher Does anyone have experience as to the best way to insure this sort of operation against liaibility?
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 248 Crazy Baller
    Don't get to that area often but would love to have an option.
  • EljaybeeEljaybee Posts: 47 Baller
    @golfguy Big interest here as I am in Glendale at least once a quarter and would enjoy that option. On the insurance piece you may want to consider contacting USA waterski and ask them to walk you through the insurance that is available to clubs and members. I found their insights very helpful for our course.
    dbaconaz
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,659 Mega Baller
    I'm in Chandler and a club would interest me greatly
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • mmskimmski Posts: 4 Baller
    I'm in in the Phoenix area 6 weeks a year and would be very interested
  • DSPDSP Posts: 67 Baller
    Yes please. November - April
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,262
    I remember going to Firebird Raceway back in the late 80's, where they had a Slalom Course that you paid them to raise, and went ahead and skied. Not sure what ever happened to that.

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,659 Mega Baller
    @Ed_Johnson there's still a course and jump at Firebird, and you can still pay for sets. I've not been on it, but most folks I know who have say it's gross. Salty, corrosive water that reeks of jet fuel.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 473 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Some days I reek of jet fuel 😂😂😂
    UWSkier
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,499 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Firebird is nasty. Falls feel like hitting concrete on that salty water.
    Scott Calderwood
  • dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 108 Baller
    I'm in North Phoenix and would be very interested in a ski club! Please let me know more details!!
  • GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 246 Solid Baller
    I am currently making a list of interested parties. Please IM me your contact info so that I can move the process forward and provide specific details. Thank you.
    @Golfguy Just wondering if this is something your still looking into?
  • MichaelWiebeMichaelWiebe Posts: 116 Baller
    I am interested. I am in PHX for work several times per year, and would enjoy some sets. Thanks.
    dbaconaz
  • SkichiroSkichiro Posts: 5 New Baller
    Interested. Nov-April
    dbaconaz
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,128 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If you are still interested in insurance, call Wayne at (518) 891-2020. He reps Sportsinsurance.com, which will be your cheapest insurance option. USAWSWS also provides club insurance.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    dbaconaz
  • layneenyallayneenyal Posts: 2
    I just finished a 10 day stay in Gilbert and couldn’t go skiing once cause I knew no one that could go with me in my Gekko ski boat. I’ll be back there in late March and again in April and again in May... I’d really like to do some winter skiing before the ice melts here in Alaska. I could even be texted at 907-360-0430
    Thanks, Layne
    @layneenyal Let me know when your in town! Always willing to pull a fellow skier! I don't have access to a course but we still have fun in the open water!
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 130 Baller
    I'd be interested in this if our borders ever open back up and we can travel without isolating.
    dbaconaz
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 816 Crazy Baller
    Following...