Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hot Sell on SIA

Comments

• thagerthager Posts: 5,212 Mega Baller
    Hard to believe. Seems to good to be true so probably is....
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    jimski
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,210 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I can hear the conversation right now, it goes something like this.

"I have had so many calls from people wanting to buy this boat if you are really interested and want it, I need you to transfer $500/$1000 to my personal account straight away to secure it"

OH YEAH !

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

ReggieO
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,016 Crazy Baller
    It just maybe the economy thats upon us
    MuskokaKy
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 345 Crazy Baller
    Background of the photos is suspicious. Maybe if it was in somebody's garage or out building....maybe But all white curtain backdrops? And an add that's ripe with "must sell now". That boat at that price needs no excessive verbiage to sell. Smells like fish.
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,678 Mega Baller
    FL isn't on lockdown. Someone go have a look.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • WishWish Posts: 8,269 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Actually several counties ARE on lock down. You may have to cross several to get to it. Driving through FL with a boat in tow 🤔. $1000 fine and or 90 days in jail.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • buechsrbuechsr Posts: 91 Baller
    wish, can you provide some authority for that?
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,140 Mega Baller
    The guy we rent from in FL has 10 houses in FL and 5 in NJ. Almost everyone has cancelled and he's freaking out. I'm not so sure this isn't the real deal. Use caution as usual but might be worth a look.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
    MuskokaKy
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,292 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ad is real. Google if you think wish is full of it.
    MuskokaKy
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,333 Mega Baller
    How does the 5.7 compare to the big boy 6ltr that i have? opinions? I can drive and go see it pretty quick...
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 457 Crazy Baller
    @liquid d most guys i know actually liked the 5.7 better for slalom. i know my jumping buddies like the 6 but the 5.6 skis amazing. But i also never skied behind the big boy.

For 29.5k if you can travel and have some cash i think its a sweet deal. Would serve someone on here well that's forsure.

• MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 626 Crazy Baller
    edited March 2020
    Listing is gone
    edited March 2020
    @MDB1056 what a surprise ! these scams usually listed for a short period, they either catch 4 to 6 people or they realise they have been sussed, I have seen this sort of thing, with Cars, Rv,s you name it, sometimes they are just looking for 200 at a time but it all adds up.
    Usually also find that you cannot get to talk to them, always answer phone, but they come back to you on Whatsapp with some excuse that they cannot use the phone because they work for the military or police and are out in the field on exercise, something like that, initially it sounds very plausible, almost got caught myself once, but if you keep asking questions, generally at some point the Red Flag pops up.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 223 Baller
    .........or it sold.
    jayskiMuskokaKy
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,514 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    There was no chance that boat was lasting the day at that price. I listed my Prostar at a good price last spring and it sold in less than an hour.
    Scott Calderwood
    BulldogMuskokaKy
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 883 Mega Baller
    My first thought was that the white sheets were to block the view of the chop shop in the background.
    ReggieO
    edited March 2020
    The only Steve , I know down that way with a boat similar is Steve Schnitzer, but not sure if it is the exact model.
    Is he still skiing at Okeheelee, can,t imagine him selling a boat cheap.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

thager
  • mtnskiskatemtnskiskate Posts: 21 New Baller
    @wish Can you elaborate on driving thru Fla with a boat in tow?
  • WishWish Posts: 8,269 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Just saying some counties have a stay at home orders that can be enforced. Folks can only venture out for certain things like food, meds and Doc appointments. Boat in tow seems outside that purview. Prob won’t be bothered but ...maybe.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,592 Mega Baller
    @thager you were right, smelled like a fish.....
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    thagerAndre
    Just remember Guy,s & Gals "Fools Rush In" always proceed with caution, there are many critters out there waiting to bite your Ass !

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• DavidNDavidN Posts: 509 Crazy Baller
    Another hot sell, this time it’s for real and the price is more realistic.
    2014 SN200 OB 5.7 w/200 hrs - $38k
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/234621944402835/
    Tkl127MuskokaKy
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 543 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2020
    According to the Florida executive order for shelter in place it allows recreational activities; look at section 3.A.ii. While I didn't do much other fact checking, to me that says you should be able to take your boat to the lake. It even outlines fishing as an example activity.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-91.pdf

• liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,333 Mega Baller
    @BrennanKMN Everyone already lives on a lake in Florida..they will know you are lying!
    Ed_Johnson