Spraymakers Episode 5 - Gates

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 404 Administrator
edited March 2020 in Videos, Photos & Media

Today the guys are having a chat about gates, the piece of the pass that can easily set you up for success.
01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01100110 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100001 01111001
9400vtmecheng

Comments

• jimskijimski Posts: 616 Crazy Baller
    This is so cool
    Thanks @Chris Rossi @TFIN @brooks
    And radar skis
    Keep it coming
    Chris Rossi
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 389 Crazy Baller
    I would not only listen to the gate episode again but also revisit the other episodes especially the one about adverse conditions. Pure skiing gold IMO.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    Luv2Ski
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,148 Mega Baller
    I love hearing these guys talk. Really great job guys, keep it coming.
  • DanoDano Posts: 195 Baller
    Some really good info here. I have a lot of things to work on once isolation ends and ski season begins. I think it's really cool to have very accomplished athletes like this to learn from.

• ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,199 Mega Baller
    Great stuff. Love when Trent talked about giving lessons and people being all "Gates again?". That was me too until I learned how freakin' important gates are. A good gate will forgive a multitude of sins later on.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • skiepskiep Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
    Awesome Pod Cast (I took my notes)
  • Ryota Ryota Posts: 134 Solid Baller
    Can anyone list some points up that you thought important or surprised?
    I tried to listen but couldn't get it all. My english skills..😭
    It helps me a LOT(understanding and coaching) by sharing informations here about this ep5 Gates.
    THanks!!
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 697 Mega Baller
    I would love to see this as a video; it would add so much to the discussion. I am on my 3rd listen, #3 was with a scotch and it really didn't help me like I thought it might. As a 15 off hack my gates are always a challenge.
    skialexcougfanALPJr
  • tjmtjm Posts: 373 Solid Baller
    I’m bumping this as I just saw it today, and maybe others missed it too. Not sure how it slipped by me, but I learned a ton. Thanks guys!’
  • LOTWLOTW Posts: 247 Baller
    Video would be great for most of these. I struggle with my gates, when to pull out, exactly when to go, head wind, tail wind, what to do with the handle and more.
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 464 Baller
    @LOTW start a new thread and ask these questions. I’m sure you’ll receive plenty of responses.
  • LOTWLOTW Posts: 247 Baller
    On it!
  • KillerKiller Posts: 482 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I loved this podcast.

@lotw For headwind/tailwind it's a lot about feel, you get a little more dip in the line on a tailwind so you have to be comfortable turning into less line tension. I like pulling out a little earlier and softer for a tailwind, little later and firmer for headwind, I use my earlier passes to get a feel for how strong the wind is and adjust from there for later passes. I'm sure some skiers pullout in the same spot but I think they said on the podcast softer/firmer for tail/head winds.
  • brodybrody Posts: 348 Solid Baller
    Single best piece of advice I’ve ever heard. Would fix soooo many of my problems. Thanks for doing that pod cast. Too bad my season is over with a back injury 😓😓