Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joel Howley - Ask me Anything

Hi Ballers, I have started doing some Q&As on Insta and YouTube. If you have some questions hit me up.

Thank you all for the kind comments over the years. I am a big fan of this forum and its regular contributors. I read the forum far more than I post.

Joel.
MattPmarknMISkierBill229400ski6jonesStefanErikBerghillerdthateTom351jercraneskihartrobmollysilverlakeUWSkierslalomskialexrodeconskiinxsLanceHCookschaferThe_KristaObrienslalomdbaconazchrislandyBulldogballsohardharrison_343Justin_C

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,272 Mega Baller
    What changes do you make to ski in challenging conditions like Moomba and the Worlds? What are the main differences in technique and timing to be able to deal with rollers, chop, and heavy wind?

Thanks for posting.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    JoelHowleyharrison_343
  • GarnGarn Posts: 576 Crazy Baller
    How did you come up with that "interesting" boot configuration that you use? Snow boots, correct? Isn't that incredibly heavy?
    jcampJoelHowleyharrison_343
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,253 Mega Baller
    edited April 2020
    Does your front boot have a bottom or your foot/liner sits on the top of the ski? What are advantages of your your binding configuration? Looked at it again, there’s a plate riveted to the boot right?
    JoelHowley
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 1,009 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What do you find scarier, Australia's huge spiders or their deadly snakes?
    JoelHowleyhemlock
  • MickeyThompsonMickeyThompson Posts: 179 Baller
    All great questions but Joel said he would do Q&A on Instagram.
  • LK_skierLK_skier Posts: 79 Baller
    Nice Vids @JoelHowley ... Where do you see Aussie skiing - does the future look bright or bleak?
    JoelHowley
  • JoelHowleyJoelHowley Posts: 46 Baller
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Crew. Good questions. I will put them all in the next vid.
    MISkierLanceHCook
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,272 Mega Baller
    @JoelHowley, did you post the video with the questions from this thread? I have not been able to locate it.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • MNshortlinerMNshortliner Posts: 273 Solid Baller
    I sent a vid to Joel and a couple days later there it was on YouTube with him giving me some great skiing tips. It is so Awesome that he does this and his videos are pretty entertaining.
    slalomescmanazerobmollysilverlake
  • JoelHowleyJoelHowley Posts: 46 Baller
    thanks crew, sorry about bashing your ski Manaze, haha, I tried to resist but it looks way too soft.
    escmanazejjackkrashrobmollysilverlake
  • oneskioneski Posts: 128 Baller
    edited July 2020
    How do I send Joel a copy of a video? I don’t have Instagram, but I do have drop box.
    JoelHowley