Rides 6 & 7 on Goode XTR CC

HortonHorton Posts: 31,404 Administrator
edited April 2020 in Reviews

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

KRoundyballsohard

Comments

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,629 Mega Baller
    Looking good.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,404 Administrator
    better video to come. Not sure if I have my final settings yet and really I haven't exactly figured out exactly how to ride this ski but it is good

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

ballsohard
  • skiboynyskiboyny Posts: 292 Baller
    Looks like a stronger onside turn from what I've seen in the past.
    BobFballsohardteammalibu
  • marknmarkn Posts: 462 Crazy Baller
    How much effort is required for that ski side to side compared to others you have tried?
  • MickeyThompsonMickeyThompson Posts: 179 Baller
    @Horton What camera and mount are you using? Great skiing.
    @MickeyThompson GoPro hero 8 black & Ski-Doc orbital.

@markn When I am in the groove it is a very low effort ski. I do not understand it yet but sometimes on my early passes it seems like more effort.

ballsohard
  • ricorico Posts: 352 Crazy Baller
    My driving doesn’t look so bad. @Horton disappeared on me between 3 and 4 and I looked in the mirror to see if he was still there. This screwed me up a bit :-)
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - Denali C-75 - Reflex
    @rico attempted sabotage

• lkblkb Posts: 629 Baller
    edited April 2020
    Looks like it doesn’t flow through on 1,3,5 as good as some skis you’ve been on. Is that just early season rust or maybe still getting used to it?
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 877 Crazy Baller
    @Horton it looks like 1,3,5 the ski is getting behind you at 38.
    @lkb Darn man that is my first 38 of the year. Let me get my head around the ski and it will get prettier.

jimskiballsohardBill22
  • lkblkb Posts: 629 Baller
    I made that comment before seeing the 38 pass. Sorry.

chris55Stathis Ventourisdthateballsohard
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,289 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    @Horton Interesting video, Great skiing, but I noticed on your 32,s you are not even, your swing out to 2,4,6 is not as high as 1,3,5.
    But 35,s and 38,s it was even through the course.
    My observation was by looking at the line on the boat.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

ballsohard
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 626 Crazy Baller
    It’s interesting. All the way back to the N1 to this XTR cc. The nose just doesn’t stay down. Watch Regina at 39. But...... results matter. People get it done on that ski.
    ballsohard
    edited April 2020
    @Stevie Boy meh. 32 is my opening pass. I am warming up and finding my balance.

I see some of you guys trying to really study this video. I have only a few rides with these settings. it is only going to get smoother from here. Also my gates are really bad right now. I need to re-adjust my pull out for this ski.

jimskiballsohard
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,629 Mega Baller
    edited April 2020
    Looks good to me. Didn’t study for long, but it seems like good time and space at the apex.
    @Chad_Scott actually I am kind of struggling with my deep water starts on this ski

jayskiballsohardJordan
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,978 Mega Baller
    Also your rope is ugly.

That's a helpful insight, right!?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    dthate
  • skiboynyskiboyny Posts: 292 Baller
    edited April 2020
    @horton in all the videos I've seen you in you always seem to have a better off-side turn. This seems like the onside turn is very strong. Seems like a nice place to be if you looking for a ski to improve your skiing. I have to think with some time, maybe a fin adjustment they could get evened out. Am I seeing this wrong? This is not a criticism at all! I also seem to have more trouble with onside. I would feel like this ski could offer something that others don't seem to.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,289 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    @Horton it wasn't meant as a criticism, boy wish I could ski that well, I was trying to learn from the video, I was looking at the line, because the people I ski with have this thing about getting really high on the boat, for the gate, but you were not as high as they are suggesting and running 32,35 & 38s

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

JAS
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,457 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    But he does actually look pretty good on it.
    Shut up and ski
    @Dirt looks like Fritz cut his hair

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    I had a 66” 9960 Mid that I should have never have let go.
    Mark Shaffer
  • dthatedthate Posts: 185 Baller
    @Horton to @Dirt 's question, do you know if the XTR is as full as the midride?