Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardshell with a little something..

GusGus Posts: 66 Baller
..to carry the @#$@# ski.
I'm happy with the quantum trick ski. Happy with the Reflex binding.
But it feels we have a little design flaw still left to fix. So I shout out, hoping that someone listens, French or any other language. I would like a way to carry my ski by the booth without incurring these:
Thank you. Looking forward to the first decent solution there :)

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,145 Mega Baller
    By the rear toe rubber.? Sew a loop on your liner and buckle the ankle
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,699 Mega Baller
    If you can’t spring for a ski bag, take a swim noodle, cut it to size, split it lengthwise, slide it over the edge and Bob’s your uncle.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    BlueSkiGus
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,007 Crazy Baller
    How about a fleece ski cover with your name on and a choice of many different colors...

MuskokaKypdolas
  • BCMBCM Posts: 223 Baller
    How far are you packing your trick ski? I often slip the middle buckle into the receiving end a few clicks but don't latch it and slip my fingers under the buckle. Or carry it under my arm like a snowboard. I have walked the length of our lake carrying it by the release mechanism without issue.
    KKelly
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,145 Mega Baller
    @BCM you know that ball you usually start at? Basically from there to where ever your umbrella is ;)
  • GusGus Posts: 66 Baller
    lol - indeed, its about the the 50m from the car to the boat, when the car is parked optimally. I do have a cover for the ski, but that is to protect the bottom from scratches, not to carry it. I find the most logical and natural place to pick it up is at the boot. It's a symmetry thing. And every time again I get punished by the hard plastic cutting into my fingers. There must be a way.
    dchristman
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,098 Mega Baller
    @Gus My first reaction to your complaint was "well don't do that!", but upon further consideration I think you are right and you have spurred me into action. I have encountered that same pain from time to time carrying my trick to the starting dock, but didn't think much about it. It is handy to carry the ski by the boot like that. That molded edge on the binding is pretty sharp. I'm going to grind that edge and round it a bit. Problem solved with no purchase necessary!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,381 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If it’s that much of a concern, unclip the boot and carry it by the toe loop. If you can’t carry the boot/liner separately, put it on your foot. If leaving your other shoe in the car is a concern, I recommend leaving both shoes in the car.

... or wear gloves when you trick ski and then your fingertips will be covered.

... or use the handle/clip from a sporttube and clip of to the hole of the hard shell.

... or switch it a rubber boot.

[first world problems]
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    ralGus
  • ralral Posts: 1,758 Mega Baller
    @klindy, gotta love the “first world problems” comment!
    Rodrigo Andai
    klindy
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,098 Mega Baller
    edited May 23
    @Gus as "first world" as I thought the complaint was, I thank you. I will carry my trick more comfortably in the future! un petit quelquechose

@lpskier Bob IS my uncle!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    GusAndrelpskier
  • GusGus Posts: 66 Baller
    @dchristman Brilliant!!! I just did the same, 20 seconds of work, and its so much better now! I hope Reflex is listening, they should adapt their mold for this.
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,846 Mega Baller
    And now I remember why I quit trick skiing!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    HortonGus