Goode XTR CC - Review

2»

Comments

• DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,087 Crazy Baller
    @The_MS Have you been on the 9970 to compare?
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,632 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    @Deanoski no I have not.
    Shut up and ski
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 912 Mega Baller
    @Deanoski I went from a from a 68" XTR to a 68.5 9970cc. Happy with the switch. The ski feels really fast and quick. Reminds me of when I first rode a Goode 9100 so many years ago.
    MISkier
  • pcmcon729pcmcon729 Posts: 97 Baller
    I am very anxious to hear more about the 9970! I loved the early Goode models and owned the 9100, 9200, 9300, 9500, 9700. The 91,93,& 97 were my favorites. My current ride is a very tired '17 XTR. I recently tested C-75, XTR cc, D3 ion, and Vapor. The Radar was the winner for me. But I can't proceed until I ride (unlikely this year, I'm in NH) or read good reviews from the masses on the 9970.
    Than_Boganballsohard
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 7,001 Mega Baller
    Somebody get pcmcon729 a 9970CC! His review would be fascinating to all!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    ballsohardpcmcon729
    @Than_Bogan hahaha, I would also need a trip to Fla to test it as well. My favorite skis of all time, @36-9300 and 34-9700.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 912 Mega Baller
    @pcmcon729 never skied 36 but have to agree loved the 9600 and the 9800SL! That is why I took a chance and went from the XTs to the 9970. FYI Goode can also make you a traditional construction 9970. With the savings you can go to FL!
    ballsohardpcmcon729
  • jeidmannjeidmann Posts: 33 Baller
    @ALPJr Goode just came out with an XTR CC wide ride
    Addendum to my Oct 20 post about the Goode 9970cc interest. I ended up buying one about a month ago. Still early season in NH, but up to -32 @ 34mph is so much easier than the XTR. Effortless skiing and far less drag and work than the XTR. The perspective from those in the boat, "You don't even look like you are trying". It's interesting that with what appears to be far less surface area (much narrower ski), it can be so much faster.
    The_MS
  • bparsonbparson Posts: 39 Baller
    @pcmcon729 How do you feel about the 9970cc now? Give us an update.
    @bparson I like the 9970 more than the XTR. I'm on a 67", weight 172, and ski 34 mph. I rode several traditionally constructed XTR's since the models release in '17, and also rode an XTR cc for 1 month last fall. I honestly didn't notice a whole lot of difference in how the XTR and XTR cc felt. My 9970 is set up to the exact specs that Goode recommends. This has always worked for me with the many Goodes I have owned. The ski is very sensitive to wing angle adjustments, and I'd made these adjustments due to water temp changes. Cold NH water feels fast in the spring, so I had adjusted the fin to 10 at that time. Goode recommends 9.5 +/- .5. Currently at 9.5. The 9970 cc rides much more level and not as tip high as I felt and also see with most others riding the XTR. Far less drag and work to get wide as compared to the XTR. It turns a sharp but smooth off side that is predictable. For the onside, I can easily adjust the radius of the turn as needed on the fly, and it always finishes well. This ski is great in less than perfect conditions, that being head/tail, light chop, or backwash. It also performs flawlessly when in panic mode. Perhaps this is because the lower side wall making it ride deeper. That said, riding deeper is not at the expense of speed, on the contrary. I judge a ski by how it feels, and not how many buoys I run out of the box. Those come when a ski is a good fit. Speaking for my own skiing currently, it's very consistent. I am somewhat limited to 4 sets weekly, and when I increase that, my body pushes back. I need to ski 6-7 sets weekly to break through to the level that I used to ski at. No fault of the ski. The 9970 is a great fit for me.
    bparson
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,087 Crazy Baller
    @pcmcon729 You are on a 67 not a 67.75

I’m the same weight
    @Deanoski Correct, 67", as recommended by Goode.