Anyone have an HO Hovercraft???

ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 465 Baller
I’m looking for an HO Hovercraft in a 67” or 69”. Had too much fun the other day throwing around the old Connelly Big Easy to everyone in the boat. Anyone got a Hovercraft collecting dust??
60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
Luzz

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 5,139 Mega Baller
    Just grabbed one myself and have been having a blast on it behind the 'toon.
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 465 Baller
    My father in law who has skills way beyond a Big Easy was grinning ear to ear just goofing off behind his Supra Sunsport. I tried it for the first time in years. As I climbed onto the swim platform I was saying, it’s “time to get me a Hovercraft.”
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
    ballsohard
  • OldGuysRuleOldGuysRule Posts: 141 Crazy Baller
    I bought one last year for winter skiing behind the pontoon in winter! Easy to get up and cruise at slower speeds. My ski friend Dan is pictured on Sweetwater Lake, Indiana, in January!
    Luzz
    I just wish it had inserts in addition to the HO direct connect. I'm probably going to tape a plate down to it so I can use my normal front binding. This is part of my plan to switch to a RTP - ride the hovercraft with RTP - then put one on my other ski.
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 411 Crazy Baller
    only direct connect? That stinks, was thinking of buying the ski and putting a vector binding on i had laying around...
    aupatking
    @savaiusini any plans to put a full set of inserts in future models?

@Jaypro - I'm sure you could install traditional inserts - wooden core should easily support the process. But as mentioned I think what I am going to do is tape a boot on, maybe dual-lock.
  • VenturerVenturer Posts: 2 New Baller
    Got a Hovercraft for Christmas. Skied on it about 6 times now and love it. At 63, with some typical old-guy ailments, this thing is great. Not a full slalom experience but still fun. Very easy to get up on. The slower speed is nice too. It has added years to my skiing plans.
    ALPJrSki_DadLuzz
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 944 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Jaypro I'm with you. I'm just really not a fan of the direct connect. It has made me turn away from what probably would have otherwise been lots of good HO skis over the last few years.
  • brettmainerbrettmainer Posts: 406 Crazy Baller
    The Hovercraft is fun as long as you don’t go too fast. I’ve run -39 at 17.3 but took a huge wreck at -32 28mph. That wide body and those little fins are not made to go fast!

I’ve also gotten a guy through the course on the first set at 17mph who had never been up on a slalom ski before (disclaimer: he is a pretty good wakeboarder).

For the adventurous among is, I have also seen someone ride a flip around on it, but the subject skier is better than average.
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 723 Crazy Baller
    Is it possible to ride Hovercraft behind a wakeboarding boat ? Friends inviting to spend time on the river, they are wakeboarders....
    Unregistered
    @OldboyII sure you can ride a hovercraft behind anything. If you want to rip the wakes like a slalom ski then you want to run shorter lines low speed go 18mph 32 off.

If you want to air it out over a wake go behind a wake boat and air it out.
    DragoOldboyII
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 636 Open or Level 9 Skier
    By the way, I fully stand by what I wrote two years ago :wink:
    MastercrafterBraceMakerchrislandy
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,772 Mega Baller
    I stand by @Luzz statement 2 yrs ago too. I’m a D3 guy, but this ski is awesome. I've had about a dozen competitive alpine and nordic skiers learn to slalom on their first day ever skiing on the hovercraft with an easy up handle.

SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    LuzzchrislandyALPJr