Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW PROSTAR??????????

dave2balldave2ball Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
Just got an email from a local dealer about a new redesigned prostar. The teaser pic looks good.
anybody have any feedback on this????

Comments

• ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 141 Baller
    share the pic?!?!?!
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,542 Mega Baller
    Yep share the pic!
    If dealer sent it to you,it's fine to post!
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,542 Mega Baller
    Nothing on MC site...
  • marknmarkn Posts: 404 Crazy Baller
    I am signed up to see it and ski it June 26 and will report back. Have been a long time Nautique guy, but am leaning to MC for my next boat.
    FWinterski6jonestheboardingschoolCPC_1
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,753 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Closed bow, odd gel lines and a ramp n clamp on the trailer?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,046 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Get rid of the portable bow cover please.
    Shut up and ski
    slow
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,046 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I just want the closed bow option without paying for all the interior that gets soaked daily or gets molded up when the cover is on it.
    It’s not asking much.
    Love everything else about the Prostar.
    Shut up and ski
    dthateBruce_Butterfield
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,548 Mega Baller
    @The_MS - you could remove the interior and silicone around the cover - would come off easily enough later by running some dental floss around it.

@MISkier love it or hate it all the boats these days are pretty much at the maximum permissible towboat beam dimensions (which the SN is a wide load in new york state go figure get your chase car ready)
    This creates an aesthetic issue which is that to keep as much space as possible across the cockpit you end up having a lot of width to bring together in a relatively short nose space.
    All of the newest generation boats are doing something to hide that width and all of the brands have basically done something similar follow whatever you thinks looks good for the rub rail and then stick something in the middle to bring it together. Nautique has that weird Delta Fighter V at the front, MC has the pickle, the Malibu looks like the two sides stop and someone slipped a different bow in between them.
    Than_Boganjercrane
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 463 Solid Baller
    Interested to see this. I’m not a 39 off skier but really like the Prostar.
    Only improvements I could request (which is likely too late if they are releasing in a few wks).
    Raise the bow up 2-6” to prevent water over the front on public lakes or with kids in front.
    Eliminate the raised side decals - pain for detailing.
    Clock. Why can’t the main screen have a clock vs having to press two buttons to get there then one back out.
    Manual switches for driver seat heater and heater vs touchscreen. (Getting picky here).
    That’s is. The boat is wide and huge inside and Skis great. The ski racks and bimini are marvelous.
    schaferDirtDacon62
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 120 Baller
    I'll be really disappointed if they get away from the pickle fork and the removable bow cover. My 2020 got bumped from production due to Covid, so I am patiently waiting to see the 2021 design.
  • TELTEL Posts: 408 Crazy Baller
    I am signed up for a test ski and drive on the 26th Can't wait
    harrison_343
    TEL - we would love to see some pics and hear some feedback if they allow that.
    Mick04
  • TELTEL Posts: 408 Crazy Baller
    @ironhorse will do
    dthate
    Thanks! That pick right there already makes me feel better!
  • GaryJanzigGaryJanzig Posts: 93 Baller
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see 3 options, open bow, closed bow, or open bow with the cover. I finally got to drive one of the new pro stars(2016). I thought is was a piece of cake to drive. I like the bow cover so you have a closed bow most of the time, but I would like to see a better mechanism to lock it down.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,469 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I heard rumors about this back in early spring. The pic on the email invite shows little departure from the current exterior look anyway. You can tell there's a bigger screen, which should be an obvious change regardless. Fingers crossed for a tune-able rudder!!
    Scott Calderwood
    Broussard
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,620 Mega Baller
    based on the photo @TEL posted, it doesn't look any different. Is this like when Malibu went from the LXi to the TXi and improved the wakes a bunch but barely changed the look of the boat?
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,548 Mega Baller
    I sure hope they didn’t increase that rub rail dip aesthetic in the side that’s actually by biggest gripe in the whole MC line up.
    brodyjjackkrashBrennanKMN
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 866 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That literally looks the exact same. Like somebody with a current prostar could snap a pic from the same angles and show the exact same lines.

And, overall, I think that's a good thing.
  • GregHindGregHind Posts: 371 Crazy Baller
    So cool that I got to hear about this back in March and yet news is only just coming out now. I’m in about the furthest In the world place possible from where it is being made. More than 50 improvements. Will be very interesting to see it!
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 246 Crazy Baller
    Excited to see the new Prostar, will ski great!
    schafer