Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jump setting for Regionals and Nationals

unksskisunksskis Posts: 473 Solid Baller
Can anyone confirm which jump measurements (the old vs the new longer ramp) will be used at the various Regionals and Nationals? Is this dealers/site choice, or will it be uniform across all Regions and Nationals? I have gotten different answers.

@JeffSurdej @Broussard

Thank you.

Comments

• BroussardBroussard Posts: 432 Crazy Baller
    edited July 23
    The way that the ramp is set is up to the individual site (LOC) and the capability of their ramps as long as the ramp falls in the tolerances allowed under AWSA rules.

The ramp at Tri-Lakes is set to have 22' 4" to 22' 8" out of the water depending on ramp height.

Andre Broussard | SkiBama Team Captain | SkiBennetts |
    unksskis
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 473 Solid Baller
    Thank you @Broussard !
  • robert6262robert6262 Posts: 1
    Part of the issue that is being identified at a number of regional sites is some sites don't have the long ramp available, an extension hasn't been added. The national site is unique in that it has had a long ramp for many years to accommodate teaching with a lowered ramp being safe. I know the SCR tournament will be old settings, but same ratio tolerances. Every TC and Chief Judge I have talked to is shooting for "on the dotted line in the rule book" which should have no impact on the skiers.
    I just hope we have good conditions for every skier and at every event. :smile: