Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Public slalom sites in Michigan

What are some public sites that have slalom courses in Michigan?

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,127 Mega Baller
    Where are you located? Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to obtain a permit in Michigan, so there are not many courses on public lakes.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • WayneWayne Posts: 557 Solid Baller
    Whitmore Lake has a public access point and a the lakes ski team or club maintains the course. Pine Lake used to have a course, it may still have one but I’m not really sure the lake has a public access point.

Public courses are pretty limited in the SE Michigan area. DNR makes it pretty hard to get a course in the water.
    MISkier
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,566 Mega Baller
    Other big issue tons of lakes that have courses are "public" in the sense that you can portage a canoe in from a park but do not have a DNR boat launch. MI allows those launches owned by property owners to gate/chain so you cannot use the launch.
  • WoodySkierWoodySkier Posts: 151 Baller
    There are lots but most people don’t advertise where they are at...
  • NSskiNSski Posts: 3
    We are going to try to vacation in Michigan (anywhere is fine, we were looking at northern or western as a starting point) instead of Lake Norris. We ski at a private lake in Ohio during the season, so I would like to point my family in the direction of a lake with a course.
  • KimbymonKimbymon Posts: 124 Crazy Baller
    @NSski long lake in traverse city has a course tucked on the side of one the islands on the lake.
    DaveD
  • NSskiNSski Posts: 3
    Great, thank you so much! Do Leelanau or walloon have courses? Or are those lakes big choppy water?
  • WayneWayne Posts: 557 Solid Baller
    @NSski just curious if you're looking for something different or specifically want to vacation in Michigan?
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 787 Mega Baller
    Walloon used to have a course but not sure it's still there. Beautiful lake and you can find ski-able water in the mornings.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,589 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    There are at least two threads for Forest Lake near the top of the list. The Holland/Sugatuck area Is nice. Easy trip to Lake Michigan lots to do and a great ski lake.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    MISkierDaveDMI3Eventer
  • FabienneLenaFabienneLena Posts: 8 New Baller
    Hey guys!
    I am part of a student project researching about slalom waterskiing. To get more information, we'd love to get some replies on our survey.
    So if you have 2 minutes to spare to help us out, please follow this link:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=j7xkdTg3TUu9V1oCymIV-2ZywakiqnNNsOBF_g47tN5UMk40WlBIOFlUNTFMVk0wRVJEWE5aSjFURyQlQCN0PWcu

I also created a discussion with a little bit more information :)
    https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/25001/questionnaire-student-project-research