Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Masterline Trick Handle Problem

BjurcinaBjurcina Posts: 5 Baller
edited August 2020 in Trick and Jump
Am I missing something about Trick Ski Handles? I just received a new trick ski handle from Masterline and at first it looked very nice and well made as is usual from Masterline. However after the first use it was obvious that something was off. Upon closer look I noticed that one side of the handle ropes is an inch longer than the other. The clear rubber outer sheath on the short side is equally as short so I'm wondering are trick handles made that way for some reason or was this just put together wrong.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,123 Mega Baller
    thats so you can more easily pass handle to your off side!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• HortonHorton Posts: 29,978 Administrator
    @Bjurcina have you contacted masterline?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• dave2balldave2ball Posts: 781 Crazy Baller
    @Bjurcina the toe strap is not even on the plastic tubing. Just looking at the pictures I can see the toe is not square with the handle causing the elusion of the handle being crooked. If the handle is still uneven the call Masterline
  • BjurcinaBjurcina Posts: 5 Baller
    I can square up the handle by moving the loop where it connects to the mainline extension but the toe piece will still be off. It appears they made the eye splice at the handle shorter on one side. I could fix it but for almost $300 I was not expecting to have to do that. I did message Masterline, no reply, but just wanted to ask someone if there was a chance it was designed that way. I will call today but unfortunately we need it this weekend for a tournament.
  • NikolGNikolG Posts: 102 Baller
    Maybe email [email protected] and send him your pic? Most people are at Nationals so they may not answer a land line. Don’t worry, there’s no tournaments until after Nationals so hopefully time to sort it out.
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,818 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Did you hook it and pull hard to see if it was still crooked? Sitting slack on a table can be deceiving
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    Hortondave2ballskialex
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 781 Crazy Baller
    @Bjurcina the rope is poly E. if you find the handle to be long on one side put the rope on something you can tug on and tug hard on the short end. This may square the handle up if it is lone after you try what B Butterfield ask you to try.
  • BjurcinaBjurcina Posts: 5 Baller
    Finally talked to Randy at Materline. Unfortunately I will have to ship it back.
    unksskis