Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D3 ION/ION-S settings

ballsohardballsohard Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
What settings are people running on the 67" ION-S?

Comments

• mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 608 Crazy Baller
    Stock is fantastic
    Best ski I’ve ridden
    ballsohardBobFdrew
  • addkerraddkerr Posts: 181 Baller
    I'm on the 67" ION. Stock fin and boots 1/8th back from stock. Ski is awesome, and literally run passes I have no business running. I had a quick set on an S with the same settings. I ran pretty close to the same score but the feel wasn't the same for me. Just a touch less support in my opinion. If I was way lighter it would work well.
    ballsohard
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
    I ordered a 67" D3 ION-S this morning for a great price. Super pumped to ski on it.
    dbaconaz
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,109
    Skiing at 34 mph on 67" ION-S, typically through 35 off. I preferred the blue over the red, maybe because I am closer to the lower end of the weight range or find the softer flex a little more forgiving.

FB at 30.00" for the following:

Stock Fin - 6.921, 2.475, 0.735, 8° (standard wing)
    Whisper Fin - 5.741, 2.514, 1.846, 7.5°(big wing)
    Bob Grizzi
    ballsohardchris55
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 219 Solid Baller
    @skibug can I ask your weight? At 172# I’m kind of in middle of size charts. Been on a 67” EVO but considering going back to 66”
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,109
    @skibrain I am about 173#...so essentially the same. I have not tried a 66", but maybe next year as I plan to come into the season a little lighter.
    Bob Grizzi
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,250 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skibrain

My son is about the same weight and got recommendations from several top D3 skiers to go with the 67" in the "S" (soft)
    version.

The funny (and convincing) thing was that they all agreed on that combination.
  • anyone with some 66 numbers other than stock?

I rode stock but I may be looking for a little bit more support and holding power. Moving from a 2018 radar vapor with deep/short settings
  • JoepruncJoeprunc Posts: 308 Baller
    edited January 26
    I was able to get two sets on a 66" ION-S this month. Granted its winter and drysuit weather I wasn't expecting much. First set I was scratching my head as I could barely run my opener (-22). Second day was better, but still different not the wow factor I was hoping for. I'd like to blame it on the cold weather.

Excited to try to figure this ski out this spring. Settings are all stock.

_________
    Update:
    I just wanted to say, I am very impressed with D3 and their service. Shortly after this post, Terry reached out to me to find out more and see how he can help. He provided great insight and I am very excited for the spring.
    Thank you Terry and D3
    ballsohardDaveDdrew
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
    My 67” ION-S is at stock on the fin with the boots 1/8 back of stock.

I have only skied on it twice at the end of last season and I liked it.

Just curious if there are any settings that people really like on the 67 ION/ION-S that are worth considering giving a shot after I settle in on it when my season starts up.
  • addkerraddkerr Posts: 181 Baller
    Plus one with @ballsohard. Stock with boots back an 1/8th and your on the money. Best ski I have ever ridden. Have an R2 on the way but you will have to pry the ION out of my hands.
    ALPJrballsoharddrew