MasterLine Tournament Kit unboxing

HortonHorton Posts: 32,945 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ 

Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Comments

• dave2balldave2ball Posts: 1,130 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2020
    @Horton The extra piece of black rope is the front mainline to complete the 70 foot rope that may be necessary for longline skiers like your self.
    ballsohard
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,929 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @dave2ball i took @Horton comment as sarcasm.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

RichardDoane
    @klindy you are probably right. Too dam early for me to think
  • Svfara_1Svfara_1 Posts: 21 Baller
    Hmmmm what DOES Horton do with all those boxes???
    Horton is right about changing out your ropes. If your body starts to hurt when skiing or the loops are frayed it is time to change out the rope.
  • cruznskicruznski Posts: 170 Baller
    And too, if you go off the dock at longer line lengths, and you practice on on older rope you go to a tournament running new ropes and you will definitely notice the stretch (some say spongy) feeling of the new rope at say 15 off. It stretches a lot, maybe someone out there has measured it- I love when they have the strain gage (tension) reports in the tournament feeds so it would be interesting to know how much a new Masterline at 15 off stretches with 500 lbs of load ( which I do all the time... well maybe not).
  • buoyboy1buoyboy1 Posts: 175 Baller
    @Horton In the video you said that old ropes get spongy and are hard on us old guys and I would have thought the reverse that they become cables and brand new ropes are always spongy. Thanks.
    ScottScott
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,945 Administrator
    @buoyboy1 Not sure what I said but older ropes get stiffer and have less give. The become cables and that is hard on old bones.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ 

Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

thager
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,169 Crazy Baller
    for safety you should also always use a handle guard !
    klindy
  • ricorico Posts: 412 Crazy Baller
    anyone knows if the tournament kit is still available? Can't see it on their site.
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - Denali C-85 - Reflex
    @rico give Masterline a call. Talk with Randy or Russell or Bob.