Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arthur at Eden ski lake?

Arthur at Eden ski lake? I saw something about Arthur having to return to France to renew his visa and was denied? He has been here 7 years. Anyone know anything more? And what Eden is doing in the meantime?

Comments

• ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 103 Baller
    I read the same thing. Awesome coach and a great guy. Hope he can navigate the visa and return...
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,137
    Ask Trent Finlayson how that process worked for him. He was stuck out of the US for a long time. He's very shady, though, so I get it.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

bigtex2011Cooper_TrelawneyHortonTechguy
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,461 Mega Baller
    edited September 30
    Lots of drama with visas in COVID land. Sounds like a H1B but all have their own drama. Many work or student visas require persons to return home basically as proof of the fact that can still reside in their home nation.. A close friend who is Brazilian and married to a US born lady had to return to Brazil while his work visa was being converted. Get a good lawyer and do the work.
  • WindsurfnutWindsurfnut Posts: 158 Baller
    Sure hope he manages to get back to Eden! We visit once a year as a family to get through our Canadian winter...although that too may be on pause this year...
  • Woodybc62Woodybc62 Posts: 16 Baller
    Just got an email from Ski Eden. Zane Nicholason will be the coach
  • BigGerald3BigGerald3 Posts: 49 Baller
    Awesome news about Zane being there, feel bad for Arthur, nice guy and great coach too.
    We will try and make it down there this winter to see u Zane!
    Congrats, we’ll have Chad drive us down😜🤪🙈
    Zaneh2oski
  • Zaneh2oskiZaneh2oski Posts: 19 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I’m super thrilled to be coaching there this winter hope to see you all there.
    HortonMartin1980DaveD
  • Paul_kPaul_k Posts: 18 Baller
    Hi Zane when do you start ?
  • Zaneh2oskiZaneh2oski Posts: 19 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I will coming down after the Mastercraft event at Fluid.
  • Paul_kPaul_k Posts: 18 Baller
    Zane I will be down there that week looking forward to meeting and skiing with you.
    Woodybc62Zaneh2oski
  • TonyTTonyT Posts: 11 Baller
    Arthur and his wife are stuck in France. If you want to help him get back to his house and their dog email [email protected] Share your thoughts about Arthur, his coaching and the contributions he's made at Eden.

We've setup a go fund me page too. Here's the link. gf.me/u/y5icvm

Thanks for the help!

Clydesdale
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 103 Baller
    @TonyT thanks for doing this. Arthur is a such a positive force in the waterskiing community. Hopefully many find it in their heart to donate and write letters of support.
  • Woodybc62Woodybc62 Posts: 16 Baller
    Thanks for the Go Fund Me link. I’ll contribute. Also Richard is asking for letters of support for Arthur. He has an immigration attorney working on it.

Zane, looking forward to skiing w you this winter I hope.
    Zaneh2oski
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,554 Mega Baller
    @Zaneh2oski came to our site this past Saturday and did a small coaching clinic for 5 of us. Tremendous coaching talent. Huge thank you. You guys will love him in the interim. I’m hoping Arthur and his wife are able to return soon but you guys at Eden are getting an incredible coach in the interim. Thanks again Zane
    Zaneh2oski
  • TonyTTonyT Posts: 11 Baller
    Thanks to everyone that's helping Arthurs cause. In the meantime we look forward to skiing with Zane.
    Zaneh2oski