Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SN 200 - ¼ tank or tank full

chipkimballchipkimball Posts: 14 Baller
edited October 9 in Boat Talk
For Ski Nautique 200 owners, for a premium wake do you run with the gas tank full, or as close to empty as reasonable? Some boats the wake is better full, and others empty. For the SN200 - what is best for best wake results?

Comments

• PatMPatM Posts: 771 Crazy Baller
    I don’t notice a difference. My tank is rarely over 1/2 to 2/3 full. But often at 1/2 to near empty-no difference in wakes That I can tell
    BlueSki
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 825 Mega Baller
    Mine is not sensitive and I often completely fill mine. Never a complaint from anyone.
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 470 Crazy Baller
    I try to keep it under 50%.
    Above that I can feel the wake increases, especially at -22/55k.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,040 Mega Baller
    What year 200?
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• jimskijimski Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
    No diff With mine
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 762 Crazy Baller
    I put gas in and ski. I do not notice any difference in the wakes.
    jimskischafer
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 467 Crazy Baller
    I can’t tell the difference. Just go ski.
  • david_quaildavid_quail Posts: 172 Baller
    I can't tell a difference ... but always stay below 1/2.
  • chipkimballchipkimball Posts: 14 Baller
    Thx for the comments. Consensus seems to be that mostly it doesn't matter, which is what I thought but my ski partner was asking. 2013 SN 200.
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 811 Crazy Baller
    '16 200 / 5.3l / 22 off / 34 mph / bump slightly bigger full. Otherwise, fill er up.
  • WolfeieWolfeie Posts: 179 Baller
    My 2011 200 is rarely under 3/4 full. I usually throw 5 gallons in every 4-5 sets. Feel no difference even when it was below 1/2. Usually just driver and 150 lbs of ballast next to front seat
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
  • skiepskiep Posts: 338 Crazy Baller
    fill it no problem the boat is so wide in the rear it's not a factor
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,432 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I don’t notice a difference on my brother’s 2012.
    Scott Calderwood
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,236
    I am lucky that I have an enclosed boat house with a Slalom Course just outside, so I never have to go to a gas station. Therefore I just use 6 gal race bottles and keep the 200 about 1/4 to 1/2 full max. Have always felt the lighter the better with any boats. Never understood why they always put the tank in the tail vs. forward. Was really glad to see the new Nautique finally do that. I would also go one step farther and put the driver in the center also.

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • DWDW Posts: 2,240 Mega Baller
    @Ed_Johnson - but have you modified the cap to a NASCAR style quick fill plug in for a 7 second fill?
    edited October 22
    @DW....Sounds like a Great Idea !!! Post some pictures if you have done that.

I just set the jug up on the rear deck and use the shaker siphon hose, walk away, and its drained in just a few minutes....SO SIMPLE !!!

• DWDW Posts: 2,240 Mega Baller
    My buddy has a large diameter jiggler (1") and it fills much faster, no need to walk away as it does it in less than a minute. I haven't, and my tank is up front and I still just use a 5 gal. jug, nothing fancy.
    I don’t walk away, but that system does work great. Purchase the “rattle” brass piece at Harbor Freight and replace the hose with a better one purchased at Ace or Lowes.
    rodeconPatM
    I have a jiggler from Harbor Freight and it was "JUNK" !!! Had to shake it like 50 times to try and get it to work. Plus the hose was so flimsy and thin it would constantly kink..The one I have shown above was only $12.95 on Amazon and works perfectly !!!

Agree that the hose from HF is junk. I didn’t even try to use it, but the little brass/marble piece worked fine for me. Will give the Amazon version a try if mine ever has any issues. Thanks for the advice. :)