Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on 09 LXi

FredGarvinFredGarvin Posts: 17 New Baller
I'm considering a 09 Response LXi. I'm coming out of an 02 196. We're just novice level course skiers but would still like to progress and ZO would be nice...and open bow.

Comments

• APBAPB Posts: 343 Crazy Baller
    Love my 08. Great wakes at 28,32,35. Drives great
    GregHind
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 637 Crazy Baller
    Good boat, awesome wakes.
  • FredGarvinFredGarvin Posts: 17 New Baller
    What about for us novice skiing 32-34 mph 15off?
  • Ictjhawk316Ictjhawk316 Posts: 5 New Baller
    I have 08 and have skied a lot at 32-34 15 off great boat at all line lengths so far
    rockdog
    Heard talk about feeling way down in the driver's seat. How are the overall ergonomics of the driver's seat, throttle placement, etc. Sorry to ask all of this, but I have no access to a boat like this and the one I'm considering is far from me...so I want to gather as much insight as possible before making the trek. So any other insights on quirks and annoyances would be helpful. Thank you.
    Also, how's the prestige trailer. Once the boat is at the lake, I don't trailer it far on the road, but I take the boat out of the water every day...on and off the trailer a lot. How's that aspect? Does it center up nicely, run up nicely, etc.?
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,465 Mega Baller
    You do sit pretty low, and I find the throttle then a bit high. Having said that nothing a seat cushion can't fix. Otherwise a nice ride for driving/skiing.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • JoepruncJoeprunc Posts: 296 Baller
    At -15' the 196 will have a better wake. 09 will be larger but soft and gradual. Remove the back seat and keep fuel at <1/2 full.

RLXI I like driver seat and controls on RLXI better than 196 (but that is personal preference). Some complain about how far past the windshield extends past the driver, more difficult to grab dock while parking, or putting fender out.