Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did the times change?

Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 689 Crazy Baller
I have noticed the 32 and 30 times are way off on my boat placard compared to the times on USA Waterski site...did something change, or am I reading something wrong?

Comments

• OldkierOldkier Posts: 17 Baller
    We went to international speeds a few years back, kilometers.
    Than_Boganeyepeeler
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,805 Mega Baller
    Those are Imperial in increments of 2 mph. Official is metric in increments of 3 kph.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,719 Administrator
    Time is relative

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

cougfanandjulesJody_Seal
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,549 Mega Baller
    Just in case any of you missed that
    30 mph on the placard here meant 30 mph, not 30.4. When we went Metric, 49 kph is 30.4, so yes, your times are different. Same with most all speeds/times
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 689 Crazy Baller
    edited October 13
    I have been chasing the ball times on perfect pass for two seasons at 32mph. Damned metric system, it's like 6th grade all over again! :)
  • RGilmoreRGilmore Posts: 64 Baller
    @Keith Menard - When I was in the 6th grade "metric" wasn't a word yet.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,805 Mega Baller
    @jjackkrash HAH! I am really close to agreeing with you there. Unifying really is the most important goal, and I'd be willing to accept the silly non-uniformity of Imperial if everyone else in the world would too!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,050 Mega Baller
    Yeah.....I much prefer to get out the phone and do a google search to try to figure out how many feet are in a mile, or ounces in a pound.... 10, 100, or 1000 is way to difficult to remember. I don't know why we can't get all those foreigners to agree.
    Than_BoganaupatkingAndre
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 235 Crazy Baller
    edited October 13
    @jjackkrash Don't worry 2 other countries have agreed with you, Liberia and Myanmar are on board! Only 211 other countries to convince.....
    Than_BoganKeith MenardAndre
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 689 Crazy Baller
    My son and I had this argument while watching the tournament the other day...he says...see how much more sense that makes? You go from 20 meters to 15 meters (or whateverthehellitis) and I was like NO...41 Off sounds so much better! Bigger numbers are more impressive!
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 140 Solid Baller
    edited October 14
    After watching the Swiss on and off all day, it finally started to sink in, but as a rule, when I am just watching TWBC sporadically as time allows, I have to bring up this cheat sheet I saved on my phone, tho admittedly TWBC has gotten very good at showing a graphic of both lengths. It amused me once when a commentator commented that it seems a little strange that US identifies rope length by how much is coiled up on the floor of the boat. Good point.

“So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”
    Keith Menardskistrom
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 140 Solid Baller
    edited October 14
    “So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”
    Keith Menard
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 404 Solid Baller
    A mile is 5280 feet, that's all i got.....
    Oh wait, 16 oz to a lb, now I'm out. The problem is I'm old enough that it's nearly impossible for me to re-learn anything I've known for all my life, you can't even tell me blue or green or graple or whatever it is. It's 15, 22, 28, etcetera. Times???? Nope,
  • dthatedthate Posts: 182 Baller
    16 oz in a pint of Ale, and nearly every other adult beverage.
    Even scotch?
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 747 Mega Baller
    Wanna Grow the sport ?This is why it will never grow. Diversity or not.
  • jimmyjamesbrownjimmyjamesbrown Posts: 52 Baller
    edited October 14

Keith Menard
  • AliAli Posts: 196 Baller
    20 ounces in a pint of beer in an imperial pint. Even better imperial fluid ounce is 4% bigger than US fluid ounce.

All said and done, IPAs are much better in the US.

Cheers
    Ali
    The_MS