Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HO Omega Max vs Syndicate Omni

Hi All,

I've skied on a 2019 Syndicate Omni and loved it. Now looking for a new ski, either a 21 Omni or the new Omega Max. Anyone ridden both and can give a review?

Comments

• GarnGarn Posts: 566 Crazy Baller
    The Omega Max isn't available to the first of the year I am told. So it might be hard to find someone who has skied on both.
  • Interesting re: US availability. Omega Max has landed here in Australia and is being demo's by the shops. A few weeks and it will be on the shelves.
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 405 Crazy Baller
    Summer down under..winter north hemisphere.... maybe the reason ??
    savaiusini
  • Frank_MAFrank_MA Posts: 25 Baller
    edited October 2020
    Depends on your weight, speed an line length. I'm 205lb, speed 32-34,15-28 off. Was on a Syndicate Omni 69 - perfect for 30-32 mph but too big for 34+, moved to a 68 Syndicate Pro by accident - improved a lot in buy count, loved this ski, best off site ever but needed to much physical effort. Switched to an 68 Omega- yes much less effort at 34mph but still to much effort for 32 an no better buy count at all. Switched now back to Syndicate Omni 67 and size feels perfect for 34 and light enough for my opening pass at 32.
    aupatkingchris55
  • vicvic Posts: 70 Baller
    Great write up Frank_MA This will help a lot of people select the right ski for them.
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 354 Crazy Baller
    Anybody on the Omega Max?
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 261 Solid Baller
    It has been such a mild winter out here in BC (Canada) I could be skiing every now and then. It was +6C yesterday and dead calm. Lakes have not frozen this year. Hope to hear they have stock arriving soon.
  • sunnydaysmnsunnydaysmn Posts: 48 Baller
    I am curious about the omega max also..
  • mike_mapplemike_mapple Posts: 154 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @S1Pitts we do have them in stock here at Performance Ski and Surf.
    Perfski.com
    407-859-7544
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

If you have a blister, pop it, pour some lemon juice on it, and then add salt. -Andy Mapple
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 261 Solid Baller
    Thanks for the heads up @mike_mapple . Good to know they are in production.
    In many cases it does not pay for us Canadians to purchase new direct from the USA. I can purchase the ski from an HO dealer here in Canada for the same sticker price but in Canadian dollars with free shipping to my door. Saves me exchange (minimum 30%), border duties and shipping. I just might have to wait a bit till they receive stock.