Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TWBC

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,154 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
Another Great ! Webcast by the team at TWBC for the Mastercraft Slalom Pro Event, fantastic for the sponsors and the sport, it has come a long way from the early days but now the commentating and with the likes of Wade Cox and others interacting with the skiers is awsome, would be great if some sports bars could be persuaded to put it up on their screens.
Hats Off to Vince and the Team.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

LuzzballsohardMISkierKimbymonswc5150JWebSkijimskiMichaelWiebeBlueSkidarylWiscoSkierschaferWishski4xtcBG1chrislandymarknTELAndreAlberto Soaresrogerwrodecon503KentoCooper_TrelawneyRAKjipster43BobFWindsurfnutALPJrClydesdaleS1PittsMitchellMskistromZmandrewrobmollysilverlakeLakeOneSkierLakeboyWWKlcarnesdthateBMG73eyepeelerThe_KristaNandoskimaster93GWaterskiBulldogBoatmanjimbrakeNiles Taylorcruznskiskigirl

Comments

• OldkierOldkier Posts: 18 Baller
    Great job to everyone involved with the broadcast!
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 520 Crazy Baller
    TWBC quality has continued to improve exceptionally well. Recent broadcasts have been outstanding .
  • coach3coach3 Posts: 127 Baller
    Better than ESPN from days of old. Entertaining and informative. Well done.
    swc5150Cooper_Trelawneyski4xtcskimaster93
  • EdmundEdmund Posts: 183 Baller
    Yes, it was an excellent webcast.
    Cooper_Trelawneyrogerw
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 471 Crazy Baller
    The crew at TWBC continues to get better each event. We are fortunate to have such a talented group of individuals to bring coverage to our events.
    Andre Broussard | SkiBama Team Captain | SkiBennetts |
    Cooper_Trelawney
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 509 Crazy Baller
    This should be picked up by a network sports station and broadcast for all to see. Excellent quality and super commentary that I think the general public would enjoy.
    Superb job!!
    swc5150savaiusini
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 755 Mega Baller
    I completely agree the broadcasts continue to get better and better. Great views from the boat today. Now can we work on the audio levels just a bit?
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 469 Crazy Baller
    It is so very good! Great job to everyone at TWSB!
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 583 Crazy Baller
    Someone with clout really needs to write in to ESPN. I’m mean things like marble racing and Scandinavian death diving gets all kinds of air time now. That’s just ridiculous.
    ISP6ballBG1Clydesdale
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,529 Mega Baller
    edited October 25
    @mbabiash You forgot cornhole...
    Great job from TWBC!
    Jordan
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,834 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    edited October 25
    Be great to see the boat path in lower corner
    Shut up and ski
    MISkierKeith MenardZmanjimbrake
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,445 Crazy Baller
    It’s particularly cool to see your name on “national” tv as you have won a D3 ski of your choice! Thanks TWBC! Psyching!
    robmollysilverlakeKRoundyunksskisskigirl
  • JeffSurdejJeffSurdej Posts: 680 USAWS Official
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,302 Mega Baller
    Great job again TWBC!
  • DonTDonT Posts: 64 Baller
    TWBC is fantastic. I love Tony, Wade and the others with the job they do, from commentary to video quality. I would have a bit of a concern that moving to a network, while potentially providing a cash infusion, might distract and consequently lose some of the focus that Tony and crew have.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,302 Mega Baller
    Could it be boiled down to a 60 minute show for a TV broadcast?
    MISkier
  • MinelickskierMinelickskier Posts: 36 Baller
    Yes they made it very enjoyable to watch...I stayed glued to it most of the week end! Thanks to all!
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 531 Open or Level 9 Skier
    edited October 26
    If you are already missing their voice or want to hear their story, here's the people behind TWBC and Wade :smiley:
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast & Water Ski Bits
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    Find me on GiveGo if you want some coaching
    rockdogSkoot1123DaveD
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 311 Solid Baller
    Great Job TWBC! One small thing I would like to see added is the line length shown on the REPLAY flag. It is initially shown when the skier pulls out for the pass, but when the replay is shown it is not listed.
    Matt
    MI3EventerrockdogDHski
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,154 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited October 26
    I do wonder if a chain of sports bars took it onboard, and various people like of budweiser or others were shown footage they could use it in adverts or promote their beer etc, in the sports bars.
    TWBC could be the saviour of water skiing, we needed people with more personalties to move forward, personalties were starting to show through during the webcast, with everybody willing to contibute, exciting times, if the team can keep this thing going, I forsee great opportunities.

If people are prepared to sit and watch 60+ laps of F1 racing, surely the sport of water skiing has a bit more to offer, entertainment wise.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

rockdogKRoundyNautique99
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,711 Mega Baller
    Awesome job, every time by TWBC.
    I would be ok with future broadcasts only noting rope length in meters versus feet and inches "missing", and having to explain.
    All metric, 2021!
    Andre
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,738 Administrator
    @Zman I get a lot of shit for talking feet off and not metric. If you ski L tournaments chances you are you know the metric but much of America still thinks in feet off. If you want to alienate potential fans do all know metric.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• DWDW Posts: 2,247 Mega Baller
    Just an observation on line length, stateside both metric and feet off are confusing to non tournament (new) skiers or observers (fans, friends, family). A shame that actual length in feet is not the US standard (watch the Coors light Michigan clip) which makes the explanation of line length relative to buoy distance from center easy to grasp.

TWBC does do a great job on the broadcast, keep up the excellent work.
    Wishrobmollysilverlake
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,087 Crazy Baller
    My wife watched most of the Swiss pro and all slalom rounds of the MC Pro. She is not a skier any more, her interest in skiing has faded and stoped skiing about 7 years ago.
    She watched with a genuine interest, commented on skiers and their style and she even asked me what “safety check” is 😊.
    I wasn’t expecting this, so TWBC must be doing something that does look interesting and not only to skiers.
    RAWSkiLuzzEd_Johnsonskimaster93