Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lisa St. John 1954 - 2020

HortonHorton Posts: 30,230 Administrator
edited October 2020 in News & Other Stuff
I received news tonight that Lisa has passed. Lisa was both a Masters and World champion. More importantly she was a friend to all. She was a friend to the Horton family. She will be deeply missed.

Lisa's Hall Of Fame page

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

Jody_SealJordan

Comments

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,080 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    RIP Lisa. I remember thinking of you as being very cute when I was a kid.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
    My gosh. I’m so sorry to hear that. My family has know her and her father for many years. She will be missed.
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,314 Mega Baller
    She was such a nice person! I knew her Father Dale fairly well...from the old days as a driver- I seemed to get him all the time! I spoke with her only once or twice a year...Lisa still paid close attention to the ski world....she called me within a couple days of this year's Nationals to congratulate me. Caring person.. RIP
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 788 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2020

@liquid d my family new Dale also. Dale was the only insurance person who would cover promo boats in California at that time. It is a sad loss.
  • RGilmoreRGilmore Posts: 90 Baller
    edited October 2020
    At 66 she was relatively young. I remember her being a household name when I was young; at least, in our household.
    JayG80RAWSki
  • LiquidZoneLiquidZone Posts: 17 Baller
    A great role model for many skiers, Young and Old
    One of the many Legends in our sport to come from the West Coast.
    Janie and I are saddened of her passing and Our condolences go out to the St. John Family and her many friends.
    RIP Lisa
    ZmanRichardDoane
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 929 Mega Baller
    Lisa defined the term "gentle soul." And she was a great, great champion too. She will be missed.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,421 Crazy Baller
    Not to distract from the subject, but her father Dale did my practical driver's test when I first got my rating.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Zman
  • CParrish43CParrish43 Posts: 55 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Her Father Dale was my boat driver when I was a kid during the summer when I used to ski over at Carl Roberge’s place. Lisa was always a sweetheart with a kind soul. RIP Lisa you will be dearly missed.
    HortonZmaneyepeelerrawlyJody_Seal
  • cruznskicruznski Posts: 132 Baller
    That is very sad, RIP Lisa