McCormick's Ski School in Tampa -> very nice

MichaelWiebeMichaelWiebe Posts: 193 Solid Baller
I really enjoy skiing at McCormick's Ski School in Tampa. I've been fortunate to ski there quite a bit the last year or so.
The lake is very well wind-protected, the boat is perfect, and Michael McCormick does a great job driving and coaching.
I have also had my personal bests there lately (non-tournament). The lake skis really well, etc.... I believe.
What are others' experience at this site? I'm curious if it's just me. Thanks in advance.
Mick04

Comments

• mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 740 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @MichaelWiebe I just skied at McCormick’s fall tournament, great conditions and fun event. Definitely a ski site to visit when in Florida.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
  • customskicustomski Posts: 139 Baller
    Lots of good sets at Mccormicks. Good memories of the crew there too. 👍
  • MitchellMMitchellM Posts: 138 Baller
    Thanks for the tip! I've never been and yet they are just 45 minutes from where I live. I'm going to try and get my family out there for some sets this weekend.
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,314 Mega Baller
    edited October 2020
    My first ride through the course was there back when dinosaurs roamed.
    Carl Addington, Cedar Ridge, MS
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,549 Mega Baller
    @ski6jones Dinosaurs no longer roam because they have bad knees. Some still ski though!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    ski6jonesdvskiermmosley899
  • sunnydaysmnsunnydaysmn Posts: 56 Baller
    I have skied there a couple of times while in Tampa.. hopefully I will get to go there again sometime in the future..
  • pregompregom Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    I skied there in Oct 2018. I only brought my boots mounted on a sequence plate and Michael had me ski on a 2017 65" Vapor, the only ski he had comparable to my 2016 67" Vapor. The ski was way too short for me, but I had a great time and he was an excellent coach. His boat too was great. I highly recommend visiting there when in the area.