Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The saddest day in a water skier’s year...

CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 287 Crazy Baller
The saddest day in a water skier’s year is the day they winterize their ski boat. Our lake water has plunged down to the low 80s and old man winter has begun to rear his ugly head. In anticipation of the coming cold, here is Melanie and I winterizing our boat today... Florida style! A moment of silence in sympathy for us please.

WishScottScottballsohardDHskiskistrom

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 8,198 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    😂😂😂👍👍🙌.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Cnewbert
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 559 Crazy Baller
    Like you, we never winterize our boats, just our bodies.
    MDB1056
  • robmollysilverlakerobmollysilverlake Posts: 100 Baller
    Thankfully I didn't fully winterize my boat yet, our snow is finally melting after 2 weeks and we will be up to the 50s on Tuesday so we get to ski again!

KimbymonRednucleusMichaelWiebe
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,068 Mega Baller
    Let the off topics come.....but I'd say its more than coincidence that that beautiful Carolina blue prostar came from Cobles. Go Heels!!!
  • PatMPatM Posts: 789 Crazy Baller
    @Cnewbert you are just mean.
    escmanazeadkh2oskier
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 463 Solid Baller
    There is being mean to your northern friends, and then there is that. Ouch. Nice boat, love the flake.
  • KimbymonKimbymon Posts: 124 Crazy Baller
    @Cnewbert , what’s the water temp? I am headed to Florida next week. Thanks
  • MitchellMMitchellM Posts: 52 Baller
    @Cnewbert why are you wrapping up your season so early? Still some warm weather on the horizon and very pleasant with wet suits. We are planning on skiing the next 3 weekends.
    GWaterski
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 287 Crazy Baller
    @ScottScott officially MC calls it Kahuna Blue. But what do they know? 😂😂

@Pat M I suppose I am. It’s how I make up for being such a wimp. But Melanie’s even more of a cold water wussie than I am, so at least I have company.

@skimtb thanks! Not flake though. Just straight Kahuna Blue gel coat.

@Kimbymon it was a hair under 82° yesterday. But we have some cooler air coming Monday and with the wind, I expect it will drop on our lake into the mid to upper 70s pretty quick. Bath water for many, but Camaro time for us!
    Kimbymon
    @MitchellM the only thing we’ll be wrapping up is our bodies! We’ll ski through the winter as weather permits. You missed the joke... we’re winterizing our boat Florida style... by putting our shorties on board! 😂😂
  • MitchellMMitchellM Posts: 52 Baller
    @Cnewbert thanks for the clarification. You had me concerned!! Our shorties have also been dusted off.
    GWaterski
  • SethroSethro Posts: 325 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2020

Last evening after tearing up the 46 degree glass. One of my son’s friends wanted to try cold water skiing with us, but he only made it about 1/2 mile before his forehead got too cold. LOL That’s the moon rising by the way.
    Kimbymon6ballsscorban2skistrom
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,076 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Kimbymon Being it, Kim. We’re looking forward to seeing you in OTown and at LaPoint Ski Park.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Kimbymonrobmollysilverlake
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 201 Baller
    Here she is under the blue tarp of sadness. Got her winterized and wrapped up this week. 😢

• KimbymonKimbymon Posts: 124 Crazy Baller
    @lpskier thanks. I can’t wait to ski with you guys and hopefully I don’t embarrass myself in the tournament . 😳
    robmollysilverlake
    @braindamage blue tarp of sadness... indeed! There but for the grace of God go we. Just remember though, a mid winter water ski trip to Florida is only a plane ticket away. My sanity would demand it.

@Sethro that looks spectacular! But 46°? I don’t even drink beer that cold

@Kimbymon 50°... you’re as tough as @Sethro. I admire all your dedication! I lived in Hawaii for 25 years and I think it permanently affected my body’s thermostat. I just can’t handle anything approaching cold any more.
    Kimbymon
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 201 Baller
    @Cnewbert yep! I just reserved my first ever trip to a ski school. My son and I are going to McCormick’s the week after thanksgiving. I’m also planning a week in Phoenix in early February so am hoping to get in some sets with @UWSkier My ‘bu is just always so sad when she has to put on the blue tarp of sadness and sit beside the garage in the cold.
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    If you live in Florida, anywhere, why would you ever put everything away? Ok maybe a hurricane, but Winter? I don’t get it.......
    mylemsky
    edited November 2020
    @braindamage somehow I knew you were a smart guy! Have a great time at McCormick’s!
    @MDB1056 you hit the nail on the head... you didn’t get it. The joke I mean. I said we are winterizing our boat... Florida style. Winterizing Florida style consists of nothing more than putting shorty suits on board our boat. See? That’s what we’re doing in the photo. It’s just a visual gag, that’s all. 😂😂 So rest assured, we are not putting the boat away and plan to ski through the winter, though no doubt graduating to Camaro Blacktec 2.0s at some point.
    KimbymonBulldogThe_Heckler
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,562 Mega Baller
    Nice boat, man. I see the cooler temps has you in a t-shirt and Melanie going one-piece instead of bikini as well. You need a nice new Stokes long-sleeve shorty...though have to admit it's beyond that around here...had my drysuit on Thursday evening. I know I know..what the hell is a drysuit?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    edited November 2020
    @6balls yup, we’re bundled up alright, Melanie in her one piece and me in shorts instead of a thong. 😂😂😂 Stokes makes great stuff! I have a Stokes vest I love and Tom and June are so delightful to deal with! Actually, I own a dry suit... for diving though, not skiing. A DUI CF200 crushed neoprene. Far too bulky for skiing. I don’t know a thing about dry suits designed for skiing. What make/model is best and how restrictive are they?
    braindamage
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    @Cnewbert - Thank you! You’ve restored my faith....
    @MDB1056 whew! Didn’t want you to worry! 😂😂
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 263 Solid Baller
    The newer generation of drysuits are fantastic. I actually feel better skiing in it than without it in summer.
    Makes me feel super human.....kinda like Superman when I am flying out there across the water in almost freezing temps.
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 628 Solid Baller
    @S1Pitts Agree. 42/42 here and we ski w/o issues.
    If it would be no ice (fairy tail) I think we could ski around the year ))
    Unregistered
    S1Pitts
    @S1Pitts that must be some suit!! What are you using?
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 263 Solid Baller
    edited November 2020
    @Cnewbert - Oneil Fluid Neo 3mm. Last ski water was 6 deg C or 42 deg F. Actually floated for 10 min to cool down when done.
    @S1Pitts, wow! Thanks for that great recommendation. I checked it out and it really looks perfect. Now I know y’all will think I’m hopeless, crazy or both. But I’m going to consider one for Florida for both Melanie and me. Certainly not for everyday winter skiing. Our Camaro Blacktecs should be fine. But the fact is we do get some genuinely cold weather, not often and not for long, but cold enough so nobody I know skis when it gets that cold. So why not a well designed, well thought out water ski specific drysuit? Why stop skiing when you could be 100% comfortable? 42° for you is like maybe 60° for us. That’s just a fact of our lives. There’s nothing more I’d like than to have better cold water resistance, but I don’t and you either have it or you don’t. It’s nothing you can train for or practice to get better at. But if these O’Neils are as good as you say and as good as they sound in the product description, we’ll be able to ski in total comfort through the limited but very real coldest days of central Florida winter.
    Kimbymon